Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: barracks?

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

barracks?

Advertisements
    Okay So My DB told me when he comes back from depolyment he is thinking about living the Barracks On Camp Pendleton. He is from SD but right now his family doesn't have room to house him anyway, I am just wondering has anyone of you had to deal with this? what are the barracks like? any privacy?
    I just want to know what to exspect! Thanks
  2. Do fairytales ever come true?
    Do fairytales ever come true?
    Virginia Beach Va (hubby is on USS Bataan)
    Blog Entries
    well if he is thinking of living in normal barracks, that means you wont be able to live with him or even stay overnight with him. and usually no there is no privacy.

[/url]
  3. Formerly Soldierswifey25
    Formerly Soldierswifey25
    My hubby was former Marine said there normal rooms usually 2 guys 2 a room with a common area and although guys sneek females up there, its against the rules normally.
  4. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    depends on the area. here barracks are 2 men in a room. where my friend is they have their own rooms and share a common area with the bathroom, fridge, microwave. but girls in the room is a no no!!! but if your sneaky you can pull it off
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Haha He was saying how its just a place for his stuff and too sleep at night since his family lives so close to base and so do I. thanks for the info i thought that was right but i wasn't sure! Hey atleast he will save money!
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Ummm I only have experience with the barracks in Naples. They had their own room but shared the kitchen and the bathroom. I don't know if it was "allowed" or not but every time I went to visit him I stayed there with him. Also I got woken up once during an inspection...that scared the shit out of me their was a huge dog in the room .
  7. Senior Member
    I don't know how it is with the Marines, but when DH was in barracks, I used to stay over. But we were at a really relaxed command, I worked on base, and the Master Chief knew me really well. The Barracks NCO used to give us a heads up on when there would be an inspection so I wouldn't be there and wouldn't leave any of my stuff there. But then, that was a VERY relaxed command overseas. I expect the Marines will be more strict about enforcing that rule.
  8. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Ohhh Just to clear it up he is a navy Corspman so i dunno if that makes a differences Does it?
  9. Senior Member
    Girls aren't supposed to stay overnight I know. But I always visited DH when he was staying in them and it was never a big deal. He shared a room with 1 other guy (until that guy deployed) so if he doesn't have a room mate you might have a little more privacy. DH is a corpsman and it doesn't make a difference. He would still have to follow the same rules one a marine base as he would navy.
  10. So there i was ..........
    So there i was ..........
    Blog Entries
    usually (this is all the mc bases we have been on) depending on rank u might get your own room

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast