Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Wish List

1. Senior Member

Wish List

Advertisements
    We are AD Army and thinking about our "wish list" now... we have been at Ft. Hood for 5 years so we know after this next rotation to Iraq that we will be PCSing. I work for the govt as a civilian and we would like to ask for posts that would give me the best chances of getting another GS12 position. Could anyone share locations that were easy or hard to find government jobs for spouses? I've heard Northern Va is a great location because of the number of jobs in DC....

Thanks in advance
  2. Senior Member
    Overseas would guarantee you another job at the same pay rate. Plus the bases are nice IMO and the money is great for your DH too. I have heard from my cousin who is a Major in the Army right now that Army dream sheets lately are a joke and they don't care because of the war stuff. Good luck!!!
  3. So there i was ..........
    So there i was ..........
    Blog Entries
    actually not all bases over seas will get u the same job u need to be on a base that has that oppurtunity

our base did not i would look into it hun

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'm in Northern VA and I love it here. I used to work for the government and a good percentage of my friends still do.

I'm also from Texas, btw.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BubMunkeyBles View Post
    Overseas would guarantee you another job at the same pay rate. Plus the bases are nice IMO and the money is great for your DH too. I have heard from my cousin who is a Major in the Army right now that Army dream sheets lately are a joke and they don't care because of the war stuff. Good luck!!!
    I tend to agree with you on the dream sheets, but we've done 3 year long tours in Iraq with 12 months in/12 months out so when he re-enlisted as an E7 they assured him he would get something off the line.... so we know it would have to be somewhere as an instructor. Of course, we all know that could be smoke being blown but we want to ask for what we would really love and just hope to get lucky.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lemc81 View Post
    I'm in Northern VA and I love it here. I used to work for the government and a good percentage of my friends still do.

I'm also from Texas, btw.
    Really? We have friends at Belvoir (sp?) and they love it too. I work for a govt agency and could probably work in DC at our national office if we relocated there.

I've been in TX for 4 years now (dh for 5) and we love it but I know it's time for them to move us.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaD View Post
    actually not all bases over seas will get u the same job u need to be on a base that has that oppurtunity

our base did not i would look into it hun
    Well I know the Air Force will find you one in your paygrade... yes it may not be the SAME job, but will pay the same amount of money. All the people on our base who already had GS jobs have them now, a lot of them got held for them and the base waits until they arrived instead of letting another spouse take the job.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I grew up in Va. If he is looking for an instructor position he could try Fort Lee, Va. they have alot of gs positions. My dad was a gs-12 there, (now retired). It is an Army post, QuarterMaster.
  9. Senior Member
    Awesome, he's still in the Army for 9 more years, but I'd really love to keep a GS12 at least towards my retirement. I love that you ladies are a wealth of information!