Thread: PCS Questions

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    He's in AIT in Alabama and I'm in Port Angeles, WA
    Blog Entries

Bang Head PCS Questions

Advertisements
    First off we're dealing with Army here.
    DH is graduating from AIT in 1 week and he's going through outprocessing now. First they told him that he can't come to his home of record after AIT to PCS. They will only send him to his new duty station. Then they told him that if he wants to come home to PCS his family, we have to pay for him to fly from AIT to his home of record. Then they said that he gets no leave to PCS so he has to use his own personal leave and he has to use his own personal leave to get from one duty station to his new duty station. Then they said that we get no allowances DLA or TLE or anything (no reason offered).

We've had so much trouble with this installation that I was starting to doubt DH when he was telling me they are messing with him so badly so I had him call me while out processing and leave his phone on so I could hear what they are telling him. I heard them with my own ears telling him all of the above.

Is this right? Then they said I have to pay for my own ticket to our new station and we have to pay to move all our own stuff. Dependents are authorized on his orders.

What do we do with these people who won't do their jobs? He's already gone to his S1 and his Capt.
    Fearless, loyal, true
    Soldiers fierce as winter wind
    Keep freedom for us

2. So there i was ..........
    So there i was ..........
    Blog Entries
    Did u get all the EFMP stuff figured out?

3. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    sounds as if someone(s) lying to him. If dependents are authorized then you don't have to pay unless you go over your weight allowance. he needs to talk to someone else.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Yes, all the EFMP forms got filled out at the installation near me, Hawaii approved my warrant and concurrent travel was ordered. Then I sent the forms to DH's AIT installation because as you might remember, they refused to provide the EFMP papers and they are now telling the lies above. They claim they have to process the EFMP forms all over again. In all fairness, we were warned by several people that this installation was horrible so I guess we shouldn't be surprised. Hopefully, when he gets home (which I just had to buy a plane ticket for and won't be reimbursed) we can go to the installation here and get this all straightened out.
    Fearless, loyal, true
    Keep freedom for us

5. Member
    some one is not telling him the truth. if this is not resolved by monday i would call his battalion commander and bitch him out.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    And what is his S1 and Capt. doing?
    If they are not helping with the situation then he needs to move to the next chain to find out what is going on.
  7. Purpur
    They are partially telling the truth. They will only pay for him to go from AIT to his new duty station. But they will pay for his dependents to go from the home of record to new duty station as well.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    sorry this is happening-- my suggestion cut to the chase and call your congressman and senator ASAP!! they are lying you are entitled to everything !!

go to the JFTR website and print the rules - have them ready for when your DH gets called into the office for the phone call from the congressman and senator-- seriously this base needs a wake up call!!
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

A little Relief Maybe

I took some of the advice here and went to the homepage of my DH's new command and found a link for the CG and his message of open door policy to families and servicemembers. Let them know what's going on. Hopefully, they will get all offended that one of their incoming is being so lied to and messed with and do something. Also, lined up the names of my senator and congressman in case that doesn't work. I'll let you know what happens.
    Fearless, loyal, true
    Keep freedom for us

10. Banned
    Banned
    sometimes being active is not enough and being "proactive" is the way to go-

please kee us updated!!