Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: a few questions

1. Member

a few questions

Advertisements
    Hi were going to ft.hood the movers will be here on the 3rd. Our first move. What to know do we pack things our self what about taking apart the beds? My husband got money for the move when will that be in the bank? Thanks
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    You "supposed" to get the move money a few days before you leave. Let the movers take everything apart. If they take it apart you have them put everything back together on the other side. Take with you whatever you cant afford to lose or cant go without for minimum of 2-3 weeks.
  3. Senior Member
    if you can't take your valuables with you do a picture inventory of what you feel is important

let them pack everything otherwise it isn't covered for insurance claims (or so i've been told)

watch how they are packing your things as it's your stuff not theirs and sometimes they can be less than careful

i always take my pictures off the walls and stack them in a corner somewhere just so the movers do not forget to pack them

if you are doing a partial dity or just the stuff you are taking with you personally set it in one area of your house and mark it 'do not pack' so they know not to pack it...most movers will pack everything that is not attached to the house so let them know ahead of time what will not be moved...you should have someone come to your house a few days to a week prior to the move to do a walk thru of sorts to see what all is being moved
  4. Member
    The will be here this thursday. I have been staying with my dad since he left back in april.I only want our things moved not my dad's! How can i get them to move only certain things without the whole house?