Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: 1 more PCS question

1. Senior Member

Confused 1 more PCS question

Advertisements
    I've heard a couple people say the movers unpacked their stuff at their new place. Are they suppose to? Or is just kind of hitting the jackpot and you get lucky?

We were going to move ourselves and use the POD people but they want almost $5,000 so that's NOT happening lol. Going to let the movers handle it lol.
  2. Senior Member
    You know what.. I don't ever remember the movers unpacking our stuff when I PCS'd when my dad was in the military. They always moved stuff into the right rooms though.

3. Banned
    Banned
    ours will tomorrow be/c i requested they take the boxes and packing material with them. so they have to unpack to take all of it with them. and IF they don't i have the moving company's number and i will use it!
  4. Banned
    Banned
    it's your choice- we try to get everything unpacked- even if it means putting in on the floor-
    and they take all the boxes and paper with them.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    They assemble the furniture and out everything in the place you want it
  6. Senior Member
    Thanks. I'm not against unpacking. I just hate all the boxes and crap around the house lol.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Depends on teh movers...I know a friend of mine had to endure setting the bed herself while she was pregnant..the movers didn't do shit...They jsut drop the box and left...When our stuff came i unpack it myself because we just moved in and was still going through DH stuff and coordinating it..But I think when we move to FLW, I expect them to unpack for us..I can't do the unpacking alone with a one year old and dh being at work...
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    They just set up the beds and such but I would rather unpack the boxes myself.
  9. Life is good.
    Life is good.
    Our movers put the boxes in each room where they belonged. They also assembled all the furniture in the rooms we wanted it assembled in. When we found broken things we filled out a claim form and they repaid us for anything that they broke. It was great! Just when you move, make sure your garbage is empty or they will pack it up. LOL.