Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Living Seperately Anyone?

1. Tif

Living Seperately Anyone?

Advertisements
    My DB's new orders will take him (early next year) either 190 or 230 miles away from our current location. Due to job market and other family responsibilities it looks as though I will not be able to join him (even if we were married!!!) He goes on Shore Duty for 3 years and who knows what will happen with jobs, etc. over the next 3 years??? What to do? What to do??
  2. Senior Member
    DH is in Germany and I'm in the states... We are finally going to be together in February but have been apart and married for 18 months by that point and together for almost 2 years. People choose to do it all the time for their own reasons... If you WERE married though it would make it more feasible possibly for you to move and they could help you find a job possibly. Hope you figure it out!!!! If you just want someone to chat to PM me.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Deal with it? 190-230 miles really isn't much at all compared to most military long distance relationships. It's a distance that can easily be traveled for weekend visits.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Germanchick View Post
    Deal with it? 190-230 miles really isn't much at all compared to most military long distance relationships. It's a distance that can easily be traveled for weekend visits.

DH is currently stationed in NC and the kids and I live here in IN. We have been doing so for the last year and have at least three more ahead of us. It really is not all that bad. As Kris pointed out, the distance you are looking at is not un-travellable. It is not the perfect situation, but it is certainly livable
  5. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss B Hav'n View Post

DH is currently stationed in NC and the kids and I live here in IN. We have been doing so for the last year and have at least three more ahead of us. It really is not all that bad. As Kris pointed out, the distance you are looking at is not un-travellable. It is not the perfect situation, but it is certainly livable
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss B Hav'n View Post

7. Senior Member
    Well before DF deployed he was living in AK and I was in IN. We were 5000 miles apart. I would have killed to have had him only 230 miles away so the kids and I could have driven to see him on weekends frequently. I'm sorry you have to be apart, but be thankful it's only 190-230 miles away. That's not much.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Germanchick View Post
    DH is currently in Korea, before that he was in Oklahoma before that he was in Alabama. I've been in Florida the whole time. It's been 2 years since we've lived in the same town (we've never lived together) and that was before he joined the Army.
  9. Member
    DB is deployed right now...but even when he is home, we are 6 hours apart. Neither of us is in the position to move right now. I usually see him twice a month, we rotate driving to visit each other. It sucks sometimes, but we know that the distance could be a lot worse!

Just know that it isn't going to be forever! Good luck!
    ~Lauren
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    yeah im afraid thats pretty close compared to alot of us. Dont get me wrong it still sucks for you especially if you are used to living together but it is do able!

heck Ryan and i live in different countries but we love each other so know it can work!!

good luck with it all!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast