Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: moving to san diego...

1. ^_^
    ^_^

Big Grin MOVING TO SAN DIEGO...

Advertisements
    i have so many questions, i don't know where to start. this will be our very first move. sooo....
    which do you prefer, apartment or military housing?
    and which places do you guys prefer?
    i have family in chula vista so we have been looking for a place there.
    any help you ladies can give me would be GREAT.
  2. Tif
    I live in Chula Vista and grew up in the San Diego area. Hit me up with any questions!!
  3. brown-eyed-girl

Big Grin

We will be moving to SD next year. We have three elementary aged children. I've heard Murphy Canyon is good housing with good schools... Do you have an opinion on that particular area?
  4. Senior Member
    i live in Chula Vista theres a housing complex called Lofgren Terrace its where my bff lives and its SOOOO nice

5. ^_^
    ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by brown-eyed-girl View Post
    We will be moving to SD next year. We have three elementary aged children. I've heard Murphy Canyon is good housing with good schools... Do you have an opinion on that particular area?
    still getting input on some places. its really different for everyone. some will say they hated one place, but then someone else will say that they absolutly love it. but i'm still looking and researching areas.
  6. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    We live in Lofgren and it's ok for the price (we pay flat rate rent here, $1500 for a 2 bdrm, and $1650 for a 3 bdrm.. ) I do like the are that it's in... Eastlake is VERY nice... San Diego is FAR from my favorite place, but it's liveable..

Your choices will be limited by what you need.. if you have pets, Lofgren Terrace and other sites are off limits since pets aren't allowed. If you want a yard, Murphy Canyon is pretty much your only choice for E6 and below. Most housing complexes are within the same commute to the Naval bases...

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

7. Marine Property
    Marine Property
    Blog Entries
    I prefer apartments because you pretty much control your BAH... In military housing your BAH goes into your account and right back out.. We pay 950 for an amazing apartment and get 1500, so after we pay our electric and water plus other bills we have a few extra hundred to put back into savings...\
    But that is just my opinion
  8. is so happy to have him HOME!!
    is so happy to have him HOME!!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittle7308 View Post
    I prefer apartments because you pretty much control your BAH... In military housing your BAH goes into your account and right back out.. We pay 950 for an amazing apartment and get 1500, so after we pay our electric and water plus other bills we have a few extra hundred to put back into savings...\
    Where do you live in SD? DH and I are planning on doing the same thing..
    Mommy to Gavin and Tristan
    Wife to Nick.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    DAMN! where do you live, i want to move there!! haha
  10. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    While yes living out in town has it's benefits of keeping money, if you have children it is very hard to find the size of place out in town for the price BAH offers.

Also the money doesn't go "into" your account. You honestly never touch it when you living housing because of the allotment that gets set up upon moving into housing. You see it on your LES but that is it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast