Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: quick question

1. Senior Member

quick question

Advertisements
    I think I know the answer but Ive been thinking to much about it and am now confused.

We get BAH each month to pay our mortgage(which we are renting out as of Jan 1st, 2009). On Dec 22 we are moving into housing, & will of gotten the full months BAH already(half on the 1st and half on the 15th) it is going to cost us $357(the pro-rated amount) to pay for us living in housing from Dec 22 - Dec 31. Im guessing our BAH is going to get shut off the second we move into housing on Dec 22... SO are we going to have to pay the military back the BAH from Dec 22 -Dec 31st? & Pay out of pocket $357 to live in housing?
  2. Senior Member
    Your BAH will be pro-rated to the day you move into base housing.
  3. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    i wish i had the answer for you... the fact is that i only came to this thread to see the whole question b/c i'm sure at some point i'm going to have the same mess.

but on a side note, i just had to say that i LOVE the picture in your signature line. what a beautiful family!

www.SnarkyFit.com
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amazinggrace View Post
    Your BAH will be pro-rated to the day you move into base housing.
    So the answer to my question is Yes. That is what I was thinking. Thats going to suck in Dec.
  5. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    ok question are they making you pay the prorated amount before you move in? If they are then nothing will happen ( but yes as soon as you sign the lease your BAH will be stopped although since you are moving in so late in the month you will more then likely get paid the full half on the 31st so save it when they take it out) and you won't be 'out any money'.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    The minute you sign for keys, you BAH will stop. It doesn't matter when you "move in." If you signed for keys on the 2nd, you will have to repay your BAH because you are "technically" in housing.

Good luck.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    ok question are they making you pay the prorated amount before you move in? If they are then nothing will happen ( but yes as soon as you sign the lease your BAH will be stopped although since you are moving in so late in the month you will more then likely get paid the full half on the 31st so save it when they take it out) and you won't be 'out any money'.
    Damn I hope that is what happens... see that makes perfect sense. Thank you!
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kimly View Post
    I think I know the answer but Ive been thinking to much about it and am now confused.

We get BAH each month to pay our mortgage(which we are renting out as of Jan 1st, 2009). On Dec 22 we are moving into housing, & will of gotten the full months BAH already(half on the 1st and half on the 15th) it is going to cost us $357(the pro-rated amount) to pay for us living in housing from Dec 22 - Dec 31. Im guessing our BAH is going to get shut off the second we move into housing on Dec 22... SO are we going to have to pay the military back the BAH from Dec 22 -Dec 31st? & Pay out of pocket $357 to live in housing?
    BAH is paid retro actively-

bah paid dec first is actually NOV 15-30th BAH- BAH paid dec 15th is actually 1st-15th BAH- so you will get BAH from the 15th-22nd paid on the 1st of JAN.
    so you should not have to pay anything back.
    but yes you will have to pay out of pocket for the 357.00
  9. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    BAH is paid retro actively-

bah paid dec first is actually NOV 15-30th BAH- BAH paid dec 15th is actually 1st-15th BAH- so you will get BAH from the 15th-22nd paid on the 1st of JAN.
    so you should not have to pay anything back.
    but yes you will have to pay out of pocket for the 357.00
    it does depend on when housing puts the notice in and if they sign the lease on the 22nd then it is usually too late to make any changes and have it good to go for the next payday ( which is actually the 31st since it is the end of the year.)

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.