Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Where to stay in HI and what to take

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    He's in AIT in Alabama and I'm in Port Angeles, WA
    Blog Entries

Where to stay in HI and what to take

Advertisements
    I know someone just posted this question but we are Army and we are doing our first PCS in late november. I've been to the housing website and I applied for housing but I can't tell if we have to wait until we are actually there to be put on the waiting list or if they put us on immediately. We would like to know where to stay in the mean time. We are being stationed at Wheeler. Anyone know?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations on what to take with us in our express package? Is there a list of things most people take somewhere? I hate to take things like sheets and towels when we don't know what size bed we'll have until our stuff gets there and we could get towels at the lending locker. Thanks
    Fearless, loyal, true
    Soldiers fierce as winter wind
    Keep freedom for us

2. Senior Member
    Im not familiar with Wheeler at all...so i dont know if they have a Lodge. if they dont, i know Pearl Harbor does. So you should make reservations there. If they dont have any rooms available, they should give you a list of TLA approved hotels in the area...most are in waikiki, which isnt too far from Wheeler.
    We didnt take anything special with us. Just our laptop, dog stuff, and clothes.
  3. Senior Member
    I believe for the Army you need to check in to the Schofield Inn First and then if they don't have room then they will send you elsewhere.