Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virginia Beach

1. Senior Member

Virginia Beach

Advertisements
    So my HUSBAND (this is the first post since we got married!!! lol) is in A school in VA Beach right now. He went into the navy as a reservist but wants to switch to active duty but in the mean time we are thinking about moving to VA Beach. Anyone know of a nice community to rent in?? We need a three bedroom because of the kids. If you have any other info on the school systems or any info good or bad about va beach I'd love to hear it.
  2. Senior Member
    VA Beach schools are not the best IMO
  3. Senior Member
    I dont know about schools but in Virginia Beach, Hilltop, Kempsville and Great Neck are some good areas of Virginia Beach. Have you thought about Chesapeake? Or what about housing? There is some very nice houses being built at Little Creek and off Princess Anne Rd right now.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CassieR1202 View Post
    depending on age, you don't want them in Green Run High School. The locals call it "Gang Run"

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CassieR1202 View Post
    Really? Why do you say that?

depending on age, you don't want them in Green Run High School. The locals call it "Gang Run"
    Actually, that's incorrect.

About 20 years ago when Green Run was the only high school serving the southeastern part of the city, there was a gang problem there. That was when about half a dozen middle schools fed into it, from multiple neighborhoods throughout the city, and there were a lot of West-Side-Story-style 'turf wars.'

The schools in Virginia Beach are consistently rated among the highest in the state, and Virginia public schools are among the best in the country. Every high school in VB has a mix of wealthy kids, middle class kids, and poor kids. Salem, Tallwood, and Landstown are considered to be the most racially balanced; Green Run and Bayside tend to have a slightly higher number of minority and black kids, and the remainder of the schools tend to have a higher percentage of white kids.

The biggest difference in the high schools is the drug of choice.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USNIwife View Post
    Green Run schools hold a large majority of military children. The green run area is NOTHING like it used to be. There are very safe, nice areas there. As for Va Beach schools I'm a sucker for the Salem schools. There is a great sense of "community, family, and pride" within them. If you're looking for house rentals I know of a few very nice homes for rent in our area. PM me if interested.
    Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.
  7. Member
    I won't send my kids to Green Run. I remember back in 1997 when they had a shooting at that school. I know it was a really long time ago and things change but we are going to move to Chesapeake so the kids can go to the Hickory or Great Bridge schools.
  8. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    My area is GREAT! I live in the Greenbrier area of Chesapeake. I think the schools in my area are awesome!! I just wish we were going to be here when my son is of age to attend. Right now, he goes to Greenbrier Primary for ST and I just LOVE that school!!!
  9. Member
    We lived in the Great Bridge area when we were there last and thats where I would like to go back too. I love Chesapeake. Hands down the best!
  10. I love Mikey!!
    I love Mikey!!
    Princess Anne Lakes townhouse community!!! paid 800 for 2 bedroom 2 bathroom townhouse. I lived there for a year and it was great..
    they have really good deals for military to. Its on princess anne and salem.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast