Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: A question about a lease????

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

A question about a lease????

Advertisements
    I have never rented an apt before. We found out we got approved for an apt and were sent the move in cost sheet. I am wondering if it's ok to ask to have the lease start 3 days after what they have listed due to my fiance not being home in time (he's deployed) to sign the paperwork???? I don't know if it's ok to ask since I've never done this before. If the lease starts 3 days later then he'll be home in time to sign the paperwork for them.

Thanks.
  2. Life is good.
    Life is good.
    It is always okay to ask and you should! Best of luck to you.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely.
    They may allow you to sign the lease then add him after. As long as his name is on the lease this will work too.
    If you have a power of attorney, for which this is an excellent example for having one, you can sign for him. Just bring them a copy to put in the folder.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by guynavywife View Post
    Absolutely.
    They may allow you to sign the lease then add him after. As long as his name is on the lease this will work too.
    If you have a power of attorney, for which this is an excellent example for having one, you can sign for him. Just bring them a copy to put in the folder.
    Well, I won't be there till like 2 weeks after we get the apt. So he's the one that needs to sign the lease. I will have to ask to be added to the lease once I get out there.

I just wasn't sure it was ok to ask them to start the lease a few days later.
  5. Senior Member
    Yes it is perfectly fine for you to ask them. They probably won't have a problem with it and just let them know the situation. I'm sure they will be understanding especially since he's in the military. And congratulations on getting approved and good luck with your move!!