Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: PCS overseas and not a U.S. Citizen

1. Junior Member

PCS overseas and not a U.S. Citizen

Advertisements
    Well, we haven't got any orders overseas (we've just received some for Barksdale) but my husband is going to change his dream sheet for Japan as soon as he can!! Just out of interest I was reading about pcsing overseas and someone said that you can't travel on orders with a tourist passport. Does anyone know how it works for a spouse who isnt a U.S. citizen? I'll be able to move to the E.U. without a problem as I'm English, but what happens if we move to Japan?

Thanks
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I traveled from Guam to WA state on DH's orders with my German passport with no problem. Are you in the US right now or in the UK? Do you have a greencard or are in the process of getting one right now?
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  3. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    There are special ways to get a non-citizen on command sponsored orders. As I recall your home passport office will have to be contacted and Japan has to approve something as well. I think you may have to get an actual visa to go to Japan with him. Contact the office on your post that handles the passport applications and ask them.

We have one soldier married to a canadian and they are still trying to get her to Germany and it's been 2 years. Something about having to appear in person and have a canadian address.

Wish I could be more help! I'll see if my DH can talk to the guy and see what processes they are going through.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    if you have a greencard it should not be a problem at all!
  5. Junior Member
    Coolio! I got my greencard just over a year ago, although it was a conditional one so I'll be applying to remove the conditions next year sometime! x
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Since you have your greencard there shouldn't be any problems. Maybe contact an immigration lawyer before hand just to make sure.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.