Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ramstein Germany here we come!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Macdill AFB Tampa, FLorida, Relocating to Ramstein in Feb 09
    Blog Entries

Smile Ramstein Germany here we come!

Advertisements
    Ready or not Ramstein Germany here we come..... Anyone with information regarding this base please let me know. I'm new at this and Europe is gonna be a shock to my system so I need alot of help. All I know so far is on base housing but not sure where at housing. I guess there is 2 different areas that there is base housing. We report for duty there by the end of February. Yikes here comes the cold weather. Better bring my long johns.... Oh yea what about the amenities. See I told ya I need all the help I can get. THanks HOLLYBEAR0405
  2. The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    Quote Originally Posted by holly0405 View Post
    Ready or not Ramstein Germany here we come..... Anyone with information regarding this base please let me know. I'm new at this and Europe is gonna be a shock to my system so I need alot of help. All I know so far is on base housing but not sure where at housing. I guess there is 2 different areas that there is base housing. We report for duty there by the end of February. Yikes here comes the cold weather. Better bring my long johns.... Oh yea what about the amenities. See I told ya I need all the help I can get. THanks HOLLYBEAR0405
    I'm at Ramstein, when are you headed over here?

oh I see now, well what do you want to know? There are a few of us on here that are stationed here...
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!” ― Dr. Seuss
  3. Senior Member
    Ooh, I'm jealous, I LOVE Germany. Don't know much about Ramstein, sorry, only visited there long enough to get me some beer steins, lol.
  4. Senior Member
    I love it there! That's where DB is.. Lucky you, you'll be getting there just as its starting to snow!

If you are feeling frightened about what comes next, don't be. Embrace the uncertainty. Allow it to lead you places. Be brave as it challenges you to exercise both your heart and your mind as you create your own path towards happiness, don't waste time with regret. Spin wildly into your next action. Enjoy the present, each moment, as it comes; because you'll never get another one quite like it. And if you should ever look up and find yourself lost, simply take a breath and start over. Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart where your hope lives. You'll find your way again.

5. Senior Member
    I'm in Tampa... DH is stationed at Spangdahlem, about an hour from Ramstein, but we go there a lot. It's a nice base... Have fun!!! It's a big base with the most amenities of home than any other foreign base I know of. Congrats on the awesome assignment!
  6. Senior Member
    DH works at Ramstein There is housing at Vogelweh and Ramstein. But look off base!! There are such incredible houses. We live downtown in Kaiserslautern and love it. I'm here if you have any specific questions.
  7. SFoster
    Oh honey, I feel ya. We'll report in March and I am terrified lol. So we can be newbs together!! What I would like to start doing after we get settled there is find a group of girls to go out with once a week to get some coffee or something... and maybe a playgroup for my son. So for you ladies that are already there my question is: is there a lot of activity there for you??