Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Fee Passport?

1. Stay off the grass
    Stay off the grass

No Fee Passport?

Advertisements
    I know I've been asking a million questions but DH won't listen. So I need a few more questions answered.

If anyone has recently received a No Fee Passport how long did it take to process? He will join the army and leave for Europe the same day. So I am stuck here until I get a passport. He sees no reason for me to pay for one if the military will. Here is the thing though, we don't live anywhere near a base so I will have to drive to one after he leaves but I don't have a military i.d and can't get one until the day he leaves. He says I can go to the Army Reserves building here in town and get i.d. without him which I'm sure is true. Which makes me wonder if I could get the No Fee Passport there too?

I'm just hoping maybe the military processes the passports faster.
  2. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    DH did not have to pay for his before he went overseas. I am not sure how long it took him to get it or what the procedure is if they have to leave right away. I know I had to pay for mine and the kids.
  3. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    sorry it can take a while. mine took months. And to travel on the orders you have to go on the no fee passport. the travlers one wont work. Im sorry.

Depending on where in europe you are going, you may also have to apply for a visa.
  4. Stay off the grass
    Stay off the grass
    This is not to be agumentative at all but I am getting conflicting information. I called Military One Source and the lady said that I could get a normal passport and I wouldn't need the No fee one.

I am easily confused and this time is no exception sorry

Oh also the normal one only takes 3 weeks now which is why I am wondering how long the military one takes.
  5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by privatelaun View Post
    I know I've been asking a million questions but DH won't listen. So I need a few more questions answered.

If anyone has recently received a No Fee Passport how long did it take to process? He will join the army and leave for Europe the same day. So I am stuck here until I get a passport. He sees no reason for me to pay for one if the military will. Here is the thing though, we don't live anywhere near a base so I will have to drive to one after he leaves but I don't have a military i.d and can't get one until the day he leaves. He says I can go to the Army Reserves building here in town and get i.d. without him which I'm sure is true. Which makes me wonder if I could get the No Fee Passport there too?

I'm just hoping maybe the military processes the passports faster.

I'm confused...are you on the orders too?!?!?!
  6. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    This is not to be agumentative at all but I am getting conflicting information. I called Military One Source and the lady said that I could get a normal passport and I wouldn't need the No fee one.

Oh also the normal one only takes 3 weeks now which is why I am wondering how long the military one takes.

maybe it changed. i was gonna pay for a tourist one but the chick at the passport office said that I had to use the no-fee one. Maybe its an army thing?
  7. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!

To my understanding, a normal one would be used when traveling on leisure. A no-fee passport would be needed when traveling on orders...
  8. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    To my understanding, a normal one would be used when traveling on leisure. A no-fee passport would be needed when traveling on orders...
  9. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post

I'm confused...are you on the orders too?!?!?!
    I may be confused as well. I thought the military member only traveling on the orders was the one who was able to go no-fee.
  10. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Traci View Post
    I may be confused as well. I thought the military member only traveling on the orders was the one who was able to go no-fee.
    Dh didnt need a passport. He only needed his military ID and orders everytime we have gone from here to the states this year. He has been here over a year and still doesnt have one.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast