Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: moving....

1. He's my sunshine
    He's my sunshine

moving....

Advertisements
    So I need to get my car weighed both empty and full...where do i go to do that? would just any weigh station work??
    Wifey to Carlooshoo & annary

2. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!

We just used a regular weight station off the side of the highway. It's not free though....
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We took ours to a truck stop right off of I-35. I want to say it was like, $7 to weigh it. Any truck stop with a scale will work. DH said if you are using it for a travel voucher, it HAS to be SIGNED or they will not accept it. We made that mistake once.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Check on base. Most of the bases we have been on have a weight station.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  5. He's my sunshine
    He's my sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    We took ours to a truck stop right off of I-35. I want to say it was like, $7 to weigh it. Any truck stop with a scale will work. DH said if you are using it for a travel voucher, it HAS to be SIGNED or they will not accept it. We made that mistake once.
    what do you mean as a travel voucher? and who has to sign it?

6. Banned
    Banned
    if you are diong a partial dity-- you will need the wieght tix signed by a person working at the scales- it also needs to be dated.

also on it YOU need to write- the make of the car, the yr and the license plate number.

the travel voucher is also called a travel claim it is what you will submit to get reimbursed for your weight and the cost of weight tix.
  7. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

TMO should have a list of approved weigh stations. Check with them when you do your moving briefing. They will explain everything to you.

8. He's my sunshine
    He's my sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    if you are diong a partial dity-- you will need the wieght tix signed by a person working at the scales- it also needs to be dated.

also on it YOU need to write- the make of the car, the yr and the license plate number.

the travel voucher is also called a travel claim it is what you will submit to get reimbursed for your weight and the cost of weight tix.

do i ask for the travel voucher when i go get my car weighed or is the travel voucher what the weigh station will give me? and do i have them sign both the weight before i load up the car and the weight for after?

9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    The travel voucher is what your DH will fill out with finance when you get where you are going. If you are doing a DITY move, he will have to fill one out to get reembursed. You don't have to worry about that until you get where you are going. Just make sure you keep receipts for anything travel-related, so he can take it to finance when he fills out the voucher.
  10. He's my sunshine
    He's my sunshine
    ok so as far as getting my car weighed what do i do when i go to the weigh station?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast