Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: who to talk to? (setting up the move to PDS)

1. Senior Member

Question who to talk to? (setting up the move to PDS)

Advertisements
    My husband is working on his out processing from AIT this week. We have to be at the new duty station in about 3 weeks. What office does he need to go to talk to someone about setting up the movers? I thought it was the transportation office, but he said it wasn't, so I don't know.
    We are running out of time.
    Thanks!

"I love you more than I can say, I can't even fathom the words" - DH
  2. Senior Member
    bump

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    He should be giving information from his Sgts on how to get this done. I know active duty is you go to the TMO office and they set this up. I don't know if it is different with Army then Air Force.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Member
    he needs to go to his battalion S-1 at his battalion HQ. they will have the paper work that he needs. Also he WILL need to go to the transportation office. depending on his rank will determin how much the army will move for free. example is and e-4 with less than 2 years with family only gets 7000 pounds for free. everything after that you have to pay for. also if you know where the two of you are going to you need to start house hunting. when you get there you can stay at the military "hotel: on base but it will cost you every day that you are there (it is cheaper than a regualr hotel and nicer). Depending on where you are going there might not be housing on post available. the housing goes to the higher ranking people first then privates.

if you have anymore questions feel free to contact me. i served in the army for 12 years and have had to do this many many times.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demmert75 View Post
    he needs to go to his battalion S-1 at his battalion HQ. they will have the paper work that he needs. Also he WILL need to go to the transportation office. depending on his rank will determin how much the army will move for free. example is and e-4 with less than 2 years with family only gets 7000 pounds for free. everything after that you have to pay for. also if you know where the two of you are going to you need to start house hunting. when you get there you can stay at the military "hotel: on base but it will cost you every day that you are there (it is cheaper than a regualr hotel and nicer). Depending on where you are going there might not be housing on post available. the housing goes to the higher ranking people first then privates.

if you have anymore questions feel free to contact me. i served in the army for 12 years and have had to do this many many times.
    thanks.
    he is an e-2, i think we will get 5,000 lbs of stuff moved for free, which is fine, we don't have alot of stuff.
    we do know where we are going...he has his orders, and has to report to the new duty station in 3 weeks.
    will we have to pay for the hotel once we get there? i thought we would get TLE for that.

What does he do to set up the move? Do they find a moving company and set everything up for him? I'm kinda confused about all this stuff. I'm starting to get worried that we won't have the move set up in time before we need to leave.

Also his orders say when he gets there to report to housing. so does this mean that i can't go ahead and do an application online?

6. Member
    Normally the way it works is that you will pay for everything up front and out fo your own pocket and then the military will pay out on one of next paychecks what they owe you for the move. Everyone has to report to housing when they get to their new duty station. it is so they can tell you if you are going to live on post or have to live off post. When you first get there you will have to pay for room and board until your housing is taken care of. this will be payed back to you. if you do not have the money saved up for the move your husnad can get assistance in the form of a loan or advance on his pay. in order for him to do that he must file the paper work now as you are running out of time. if you have anymore questions feel free to contact me on here or you can call me with your questions. i will answer as many as i can. 225 330 9124