Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE HELP!!!!! QUESTION ABOUT HOUSING!

Help PLEASE HELP!!!!! QUESTION ABOUT HOUSING!

Advertisements
    Ok, so my DH and I just moved to Fort Knox KY, and but complete accident we found out we could actually purchase a house... Well we've found a house we LOVE, got approved for the loan, put in an offer and they approved it!

Ok...so my problem is this....I have HEARD through the great vine that now that most...if not all...housing is privatized they charge you for breaking your "lease" if you move out before living there for 6 months -1 year! While I find this "rule" completely RETARDED!!!!! (as if they won't have someone living in this house within a week of us moving out! )

Sooooo anyway, does anyone know how much they charge for breaking your "lease"??? I know every post is different, but I'm trying to get an idea. Because if its some crazy amount we won't be able to buy the house!

THANKS A BUNCH!!!!

2. i love my hubby
    i love my hubby
    me: corona my baby: out to sea when he comes home san diego
    if u guys needed to move all he would hv to do is show is orders i thought an then that would get u out of hving to pay at least so far all the places ive talked to in cali hv been like that
    kristen " i u more than the stars in all the skies!!"
    Well we don't have any orders...we just moved to Knox, and we live in housing, but we want to buy a house off post here. I know I'm confusing...sorry! But thanks!

4. Yup... you STILL suck!
    Yup... you STILL suck!
    Blog Entries
    I *think* that if you purchase a house you are ok.. but I would call and talk to someone.. If they do charge you then I believe it is one months rent to break the lease.. that they don't charge you... Oh and on your new house

The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity. ~André Gide
  5. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    if you don't fulfill your 6 month commitment then they will just not allow you back in housing while you are there.
    However I strongly suggest you read your lease ( you know the one you signed when you got into housing) as it will tell you if there are any penalties you have to pay.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

We have read our lease....the one we signed!..... It didn't say anything about breaking it other than with orders, which we already knew about. Thanks anyway to those without sarcastic answers!!!!

7. Banned
    Banned
    not to throw a wrench in your plan- but regardless if you are "let" out of your lease you now have a binding legal agreement to purchase the house- the only way to get out is if you die, the owner dies or the house is destroyed. NOW the owner MAY choose to let you out- but in this economy he most likely will not.

you really should have found this out before buying a house- can you afford to pay rent and the mortgage for what ever the time limit is?
  8. kapiolani
    i don't know how your privatized office is -- but here in san diego...the only way you can break your housing lease is

you get orders a certain number of miles out of san diego

you purchase a home

and one other thing..but i can't remember.

if your offer was accepted for the house then you have no choice but to break your lease -- and you'll still be obligated to pay for the pro-rate of days you occupy housing before you move out (unless it's by the end of the month).

you'll want to do all that paperwork as soon as possible so that you'll get the BAH in your account before you have to pay your mortgage.
  9. kapiolani
    Quote Originally Posted by morrowswifey01 View Post
    does anyone know how much they charge for breaking your "lease"???
    i would think it's generally a months BAH.

and you should be glad that they have someone move into that housing two weeks later because they could also charge you for the months you are in the lease but the house remains vacant.
  10. kapiolani
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    if you don't fulfill your 6 month commitment then they will just not allow you back in housing while you are there.
    yep -- this is what they do here as well because people can come in and out of housing otherwise -- and the waiting lists for housing in san diego can be EXTREME!! not to mention why would they want to have another possibility of a breech of contract/lease if they allow people back in housing.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast