Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: travel time for first PCS from AIT

1. Senior Member

travel time for first PCS from AIT

Advertisements
    My husband will be graduating AIT next week, an has to report to Bragg by nid November. I'm just wondering how many days will they give him for coming home and getting things ready to go? I know he will be taking his 2 weeks of leave, and we should get 3 days of driving to Bragg (it's 960 miles). So, I'm just wanting an idea of when he might be able to come home? It seems so pointless for him to have graduated and just have to stay there for weeks before he can come home..

"I love you more than I can say, I can't even fathom the words" - DH
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I think it depends on his leave that he has earned. I'm not 100% sure though.

I know my DH didn't get any of that but that was a long time ago. I'm to old to remember anymore. Ha ha.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  3. Senior Member
    Thanks.

I know he has earned 14.5 days of leave so far, that will go up to 17 days soon though. He said when he first got to AIT he put in for his leave, but can only take up to 2 weeks. So will he get anymore time than that? Other than the days we are driving out there? Does he get some time for getting things ready to move or is that what he should be doing during his leave? I'm just so ready for him to come home...it's pointless for him to stay there an extra month when he has graduated and will already have his orders.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    All I know is we had 10 days to make the move.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KatReborn View Post
    All I know is we had 10 days to make the move.

I heard that somewhere else also. I was a bit confused though. 10 days to make the move, that includes the 3 days that we will be driving right? So he can in addition have his 14 days of leave...for a total of 24 days?

Another question...his report date is nov. 21, so he has to report THAT day, correct...what happens if he were to report early? i read somwhere that you shouldn't report early..

do weekends count as part of the leave? or is it just weekdays?

6. onceusmcnowarmy
    My husband just returned from AIT he graduated on Friday return to north carolina on saturday had to report to fort stewart monday to start process then once he gets to his unit he can request the 10 days. so it all depends on his orders.
  7. Senior Member
    hmm, ok thanks.
    so it's possible that he can come home on leave then go to Bragg without us? uhh, i hate all this not knowing anything!

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    DH came home the day after AIT but he was doing HRAP. He took 2 weeks leave on top of his 2 weeks doing HRAP. I don't know about moving without you because DH's first duty stationed was an unaccompanied tour.