Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Recommend apt complexes in San Diego area

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Recommend apt complexes in San Diego area

Advertisements
    Anyone have any apartment complexes they would recommend in the following areas:

Pacific Beach
    La Jolla
    Ocean Beach
    Mission Beach
    Point Loma

Thanks
  2. Senior Member
    I can't help much with the recomendations since I've never been there, but if you get any helpful information I would be deeply appreciative if you would forward it on. I'm headed down there in the spring.
  3. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    thats such a wide range of costs for those areas. Whats your price range?
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by aelsass View Post
    thats such a wide range of costs for those areas. Whats your price range?
    we are trying to stay $1900 and under.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    bump........
  6. kapiolani
    how many bedrooms? where will he be stationed? 32nd street, coronado/north island, point loma, other? this may help to narrow down drive times. what are you looking for as far as area/surroundings.

military housing isn't soo bad in san diego...murphy canyon is right in the middle of things -- silver strand is on coronado

you'll probably want a place with air conditioning -- because A LOT of places do not have a/c.

you could also try looking for homes/condos to rent. we have a friend that just moved into lower chula vista area into a two bedroom home that costs $1600.

most apartment complexes are expensive in san diego...one bedrooms can be 1900 -- depending on the area...and i'd believe them to be in that price range in the areas you mentioned. we had an older two bedroom, no a/c, covered garage-not attached, right above mission valley for $1500.

in mission valley there are a bunch of apartments...and if you go online to http://www.signonsandiego.com and look for rentals there you can find something. i wouldn't limit yourself to those areas mentioned just to be close to the beach. the drive to the beach is not far or complicated from anywhere in san diego.

most places south of the i-8 tend to be cheaper than places north of the i-8. hillcrest, north park, kennsington are a few of the exceptions to that rule.
    santee is another area that is up and coming and is not that expensive right now.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    The apartments below are very nice and in the center of everything near Mission Valley, also look up La Mirage those are very nice apartments. Almost anything in Mission Valley/Fashion Valley is nice.

http://www.rent.com/rentals/californ...1&searchrank=6
  8. kapiolani
    we used to live in la mirage -- it's a very nice area. i'd say go for the outer apartments (not the high rise). the crowd in la mirage is mostly young college kids...lots of military too. the gym and recreational area is very nice...there are i think four pools, a few tennis courts...the gym and rec area offers classes for yoga, tennis, aerobics. they also have a sauna there and i'm not sure if they still have it but a massage therapist.

these apartments DO have a/c...and i'm pretty sure they still come with washer & dryers.

it's all the way at the top of a hill so it's away from the noise.

it over looks qualcomm stadium and the i-15. there is a small shopping area at the bottom of the hill toward the east.

one of the downsides of la mirage is traffic during football season. but it's only bad if you're trying to get home from the freeways.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We were in your same situaion but we lived in Germany and were moving home. I found foxwwod apartments and Candlelight apartments online. They are fully furnished with towels and linens and are temporary apartments. They are in Chula Vista. I was able to do evrything online. The deposit was only $300 and it is month to month. We did this and then decided where we wanted to live when we got here. We got out of our apartment no problem and it was a PERFECT fix. Hope this helps
  10. Senior Member
    I live in the "Crown Point" area of Pacific Beach and it!!!!!!!! I definitely recommend this area I pay 1350 for a 2 bedroom apt