Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bahrain questions

1. JenJen

bahrain questions

Advertisements
    So I totally forgot I had registered on this board. So I went searching for military spouse support and come to find out I'm already registered. Ok so anyways. DH just got orders for Bahrain. My question is, can we go with him? I have no clue how long he'll be there, not something I see written in the orders. Also, does he get paid extra for being there? I'm so confused by all of this! The first time we pcs'd I never saw the orders, he just called me from A-school and told me to be ready to go by the date. Thanks girls!
  2. Senior Member
    No, you can not go with him, Bahrian is an unaccompanied tour.
  3. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He'll get Tax free (until January) and you should also get Hazardous duty pay being stationed there. That's all on top of his base pay. Will he be on a ship or on shore? If he's on a ship, he'll be getting sea pay as well, and that goes up according to time at sea.

He should know how long his tour is.. there should be a projected rotation date in the orders.

ETA: I searched the net and brought it up to G again, he may not be allowed to bring you... He'll need to consult his detailer.
    Last edited by ImNoOliveOyl; 09-21-2008 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Had to double check info..

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

4. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by kdlansdale View Post
    No, you can not go with him, Bahrian is an unaccompanied tour.
    1 yr. tours there are unaccompanied..

and thatís all I need

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaMc424 View Post
    You're allowed to go with him now, they lifted the dependent restriction last year. You'll get COLA (cost of living allowance) OHA (overseas housing allowance) Tax free (until January) and you should also get Hazardous duty pay being stationed there. That's all on top of his base pay. Will he be on a ship or on shore? If he's on a ship, he'll be getting sea pay as well, and that goes up according to time at sea.

He should know how long his tour is.. there should be a projected rotation date in the orders.
    I'd love to see that written out. Do you know where I can find more information on it?
  6. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by kdlansdale View Post
    I'd love to see that written out. Do you know where I can find more information on it?
    I edited my OP after searching online... We had heard that they were lifting restrictions.. G told me about it but said it wasn't confirmed when I just asked him..

and thatís all I need

7. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaMc424 View Post
    He'll get Tax free (until January) and you should also get Hazardous duty pay being stationed there. That's all on top of his base pay. Will he be on a ship or on shore? If he's on a ship, he'll be getting sea pay as well, and that goes up according to time at sea.

ETA: I searched the net and brought it up to G again, he may not be allowed to bring you... He'll need to consult his detailer.

My husband was in Bahrain for a year. PM me if you have any questions.
    Famlies are not allowed to go.
  8. Senior Member
    So as of right now it is still an unaccompanied tour unless otherwise stated by the Navy. Jen, I would have your DH ask his superiors before you get too into the whole moving idea. I'd hate to see you get your hopes up only to find that you indeed cannot go with him.
  9. JenJen
    Thanks girls! I'm def not getting my hopes up. We pretty much were already expecting to be apart another year, but if I COULD spend the next year with him I'd much prefer that! However, with all this extra pay I'm sure I could totally afford to move into an apartment and out his moms house! I'm goin nuts livin with her He's on a fly away right now so when he gets back he'll talk to the detailer. I'm going to assume this is a 1 year thing, because I can't find it anywhere in his orders about how long. I only see the detatchment date and his report date. He won't go until next year but I just can't seem to find where the detatch date from there is. Maybe he'll just finish out his term there? Is that something they'd do? He's done July 2010 but he's going to re-enlist. GAH! I just don't know anything! But thank you all for the help!
  10. Senior Member
    There are heavy rumors that it has become accompanied again or will be so very soon. However, those orders would be at least 2 years.

Either way, you ARE able to visit him over there, which is a change within the past year or so.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast