Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the pros and cons

1. KB*
    Blog Entries

Confused What are the pros and cons

Advertisements
    Of living on base? My mom used to be a military wive and said it'd be a good place to live when we're married, and then my SO told me he wants to get a house because it's not that safe or something? So I was wondering how you guys felt, do you feel threatened? Pros and cons please

KayBee
  2. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    I've never felt unsafe in ANY housing we've lived in. Depending on his paygrade and the area you'll be living in, it may be better for you to move into housing, so that you can afford to live.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaMc424 View Post
    I've never felt unsafe in ANY housing we've lived in. Depending on his paygrade and the area you'll be living in, it may be better for you to move into housing, so that you can afford to live.
    I ed living on base
  4. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    I live off base so I wouldn't know. If you are new to the area it might make you feel closer to the community and activities.
  5. Pregnant with Baby #2
    Pregnant with Baby #2
    We choose to live on base for a couple reasons... we like the security, as in... even if we have a money emergency come up our rent and electric are always paid. I also like that everything is close, and we save a lot of money on gas because we are so close to his work. Plus.. for me it was easier to meet people living on base!
    This is my shrine to Bryanna... she rocks!!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Pros: Safety. Close to work, don't have to worry bout things, housing maitiance, I do almost everything on base so I never have to leave, you have a house for the most part,

Cons: could lose money if you can find a decent place, you are always on base, it is not your place (you can't do just what you want with it),
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  7. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    It depends on the housing area.

I know we'd only be limited to 2 bedrooms, so we opted to live out in town and rent a house. Our house have 4 bedrooms and a 2-car garage...

Pros with housing is that you don't pay anything additional for water and electricity/gas. Cons is....you're most likely able to hear your neighbors through your walls...LOL!!!

I don't mind living in housing if it's spacious and comes with a garage...LOL!!!
  8. Senior Member
    We have done both. Here we chose housing because it's closer to both our jobs and we are looking to buy next year and the housing will be closing (supposedly) so it's a win win. While we have our "issues" with some of the people that live in housing and some of the housing itself, it's very safe and I like that since DH travels a lot with his job right now.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

It's all Pro's for us Housing here is nice and we're close to everything and for the first time since we moved to NC I'm not terrified and sleeping with my pistol. The commissary is right around the corner, we save a TON of gas(some days DH jogs over to his work) and in general, it's just a hell of a lot better. We couldn't afford a place this big out in town, no way.
  10. KB*
    Blog Entries
    Thanks ladies =)

KayBee
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast