Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rota, Spain...lots of qustions!!!! AHHHH

1. Mother <3 Wife <3 Nurse
    Mother <3 Wife <3 Nurse

Confused Rota, Spain...lots of qustions!!!! AHHHH

Advertisements
    Ok, so it looks like my hubby and I will be going to Rota, Spain for our next duty station when he comes home from deployment...any advice? This will be our first relocation... I have no clue what I need other than obviously an over seas screening and passport....but don't know how all that works...We will know 100% for sure the first week of October if we are going or not but its pretty much a done deal it would take something seriouse for it to change...So again, any advice on PCSing or whatever the Navy calls it (really not too sure, lol) or any advice on the base in ROta?

Thanks
  2. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries
    I don't have any advice, but I wanted to tell you I'm jealous!

Good luck with everything!

Do you mean this October?

Have you tried contacting your ombudsman for some direction?
  3. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN
    Oooh, I'm jealous! We hope to move there sometime in the hub's career!

You def need your no fee passport. We had to get Visas to move to Italy, but I'm not sure about Spain. I'm sure you will get a sponsor of some sort who will tell you about the area and what you need to bring once it's all official.

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? / Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts /
    So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess / And stop the muscle that makes us confess / And we are so fragile /
    And our cracking bones make noise / And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

4. Mother <3 Wife <3 Nurse
    Mother <3 Wife <3 Nurse
    Yes, this October is when we will know for sure if we are going...but we wont be leaving until middle of next year because again he is on deployment and there is like a 3 month school attached before we leave...So, I'm just trying to figure things out, I kow it seems really early to be worrying....but with him just being deployed and me being preggo...I'm a little stressed and what not....lol
  5. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN
    Understandable!
    Moving overseas is stressful, but it's a really great experience! I wish I approached it more positively... I wasted too much time being cuckoo!

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? / Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts /
    So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess / And stop the muscle that makes us confess / And we are so fragile /
    And our cracking bones make noise / And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

6. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    DH LOVED it there!! He already is saying for his last set of orders before he retires he wants to go back there and bring the family.
  7. Mother <3 Wife <3 Nurse
    Mother <3 Wife <3 Nurse
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    Understandable!
    Moving overseas is stressful, but it's a really great experience! I wish I approached it more positively... I wasted too much time being cuckoo!
    Thats ok we had talked about it for awhile b/c he extended his PRD to make cruise but once I found out we were expecting I went really crazy...lol...I'm just coming back to earth about the whole thing
  8. Mother <3 Wife <3 Nurse
    Mother <3 Wife <3 Nurse
    Quote Originally Posted by aelsass View Post
    DH LOVED it there!! He already is saying for his last set of orders before he retires he wants to go back there and bring the family.
    Really? Did he say if there was a lot to do there with having a family and all...and if the people are nice by chance?
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I have heard many great things about Rota, Spain as duty station. Did you look through the OCONUS section on here yet to see if there were any other posts about it yet?
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast