Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: Military movers..how bad are they?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • If you like your stuff take it yourself!

1 3.45%
  • It wasn't THAT bad. It had to be done

5 17.24%
  • No problems here

12 41.38%
  • Never Moved

6 20.69%
  • Other

5 17.24%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movers. Are they that bad?

1. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Question Movers. Are they that bad?

Advertisements
    We are doing our first PCS in a few weeks and i've heard tons of horror stories and then a few good ones. Are military movers THAT bad?

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

If it's something you really love, take it yourself. Let them handle the unimportant/not breakable stuff. Partial DITY, it's the way to go !
  3. Senior Member
    Watch them very closely if you're worried. I didn't pay much attention to how they packed some of my breakables and when they got here they were broken. That was the only issue I had. Anything of value to me (important papers, jewelry, cameras, laptop, etc) I took with me in my suitcase.
  4. Senior Member
    well it's not really the military...they are always contracted out, so they are civilians

i've not had any major issues...do i like the way they do everything, no but i don't want to do their job either so i try not to worry to much about it

also they now have a policy that if you file a claim for anything broken/missing within 90 days its fully reimbursed thru the moving company...if you wait past the 90 days it's a depreciated amount unless you pay for extra insurance
  5. Pregnant with Baby #2
    Pregnant with Baby #2
    Our movers were awesome! We took the computer and the Xbox and our important documents in the car with us but we didn't have anything get broken. They were really nice too.
    This is my shrine to Bryanna... she rocks!!
  6. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by gotcurls View Post
    well it's not really the military...they are always contracted out, so they are civilians

i've not had any major issues...do i like the way they do everything, no but i don't want to do their job either so i try not to worry to much about it

also they now have a policy that if you file a claim for anything broken/missing within 90 days its fully reimbursed thru the moving company...if you wait past the 90 days it's a depreciated amount unless you pay for extra insurance
    That's me too!

7. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    DH and I never used movers. When we moved from San Diego to TX we didn't have much stuff so everything fit in our car. Now we have a bed, couch and other things so we will need them when we move back to San Diego. I'll let you know how it goes.
  8. Senior Member
    I will be the first OTHER...LOL

We have moved 9 times in the last 14 years. We have had AWESOME movers, and shitty ones to the point the guy dropped our TV down 2 flights of stairs and one guy tripped and smashed my dryer in the garage because he was being "cool" and picked it up with out a dolly.

It's not always a bad move, but they won't all be great either.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Honestly, it totally depends on the company. I had heard horror stories from friends, but I haven't actually had any issues. I have done company moves through the military 3 times, and have never had anything major go wrong. We had a couple things get broken, but in my opinion, that's just a risk you take when you move. It wasn't anything overly important, so it wasn't a big deal to me. Everything that is important to me, like jewelry, important papers, photos, momentos...etc, I always move myself. Other than that, I have never had any issues.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    mine were AWESOME!!! they had me packed and loaded in 2.5 hours! there was only three of them and they treated my things nice. the main guy even told me about my crib missing a nut that one of my sons must have took off. i could only give them a buttload of water but they didn't complain....they completely understood!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast