Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Camp Lejeune... oh boy....

1. Senior Member

Moving to Camp Lejeune... oh boy....

Advertisements
    Well ladies, i've been gone for quite a while, but DF is finally finishing his training on Thursday and is going to be stationed just up the street at Camp Lejeune. So I have some questions... of course! I am planning to move up there with him after we do our legal marriage in a week or so. So question number 1, if we get married after his report by date will they still pay for me to move up there with him? And question number 2, what do we need to do for him to start getting BAH and how quickly can that take place? And the big question number 3, how the heck do you ladies find a job in Jacksonville???? It seems like there is hardly anything there and I am having the hardest time! Any advice or support would be highly appreciated! Thanks!!!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    When my husband and i got BAH i didnt take long at all for us to start getting it and we got back pay ( we got married the 9th applied for BAH on the 12th or 13th) we got back pay from the day we got married. i think we got our first check on the 21st or the 27th. we got back pay for cola and something else i forget.
    but we just went to get me put on tricare, then got my ID then went to Ipax for BAH. i think it was in that order (sorry i have a really bad memory. lol) but when you do go to get all that stuff, go before lunch because i guess after lunch those offices always get busy (at least thats how it is out here).
    Good luck!!!
  3. I'm too cool for words
    I'm too cool for words
    We are at Camp Lejeune.

First of all, try to be optimistic about coming here . This is our second tour here, and we actually like it. There really is quite a bit to do. Just explore around the area and the different towns.

To answer some of your questions, no t he military won't pay for you to move down here, since you guys will be getting married AFTER he has already received his orders. When he got the orders, you weren't his dependent. Also, as far as BAH goes, as soon as you two get married, your husband needs to take the marriage certificate to his S-1 at his command, and they will get the BAH started. It takes about a payday or two for it to kick in. Also, it's very important for you to get enrolled in DEERS as soon as you two get married. DEERS is for you to be on his Page Two, and for you to get in the TRICARE system. You'll also need to get a Military ID.

As for jobs, I work for MCCS in the HR department. There are a ton of jobs on base. Everything from clerical work to sales associate at the exchange. A lot of the spouses come to us for jobs. I will say that MCCS pays pretty well, and since MCCS is there for the military, they are supportive of the spouses.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    We are at Camp Lejeune.

First of all, try to be optimistic about coming here . This is our second tour here, and we actually like it. There really is quite a bit to do. Just explore around the area and the different towns.

To answer some of your questions, no t he military won't pay for you to move down here, since you guys will be getting married AFTER he has already received his orders. When he got the orders, you weren't his dependent. Also, as far as BAH goes, as soon as you two get married, your husband needs to take the marriage certificate to his S-1 at his command, and they will get the BAH started. It takes about a payday or two for it to kick in. Also, it's very important for you to get enrolled in DEERS as soon as you two get married. DEERS is for you to be on his Page Two, and for you to get in the TRICARE system. You'll also need to get a Military ID.

As for jobs, I work for MCCS in the HR department. There are a ton of jobs on base. Everything from clerical work to sales associate at the exchange. A lot of the spouses come to us for jobs. I will say that MCCS pays pretty well, and since MCCS is there for the military, they are supportive of the spouses.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
    the bolded is so true i always see tons of job openings on base

it's not that bad here in my opinion, i'm just not used to the weather

5. Loving My Life As A Mom And Wife
    Loving My Life As A Mom And Wife
    Blog Entries
    I like it here!! We are leaving though.

I'm not sure about them moving your stuff. Since it's his first duty station and he hasn't reported or been "moved" yet they may!?!? You should have him ask!!
    Since my Gastric Bypass Surgery June 1 2009

Day of Surgery

6. So there i was ..........
    So there i was ..........
    Blog Entries
    the above already answered yor questions just make sure to bring the marriage paperwork in ASAP and within a month it will take affect but like they said they will back date you!! i miss lejeune we loved it there!

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    i wanna move there... no fair.. maybe ill be joining you soon??
  8. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    Make sure to take your marriage license in and have him fill out the BAH paperwork correctly. We got ours within a few weeks.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I like it at Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville I enjoy living so close to the beach
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SemperFiWife View Post
    I like it at Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville I enjoy living so close to the beach
    lol, i guess it's "close" it's a bit different from my idea of close (i'm from socal where i lived a few minutes away )

but yup, the beach is nearby

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast