Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Wish lists, first move, and medic questions

1. Stay off the grass
    Stay off the grass

Wish lists, first move, and medic questions

Advertisements
    Warning: newbie army wife! Any information is appreciated but please speak slowly

Does anyone know where alot of the combat medics are being stationed? Aside from Iraq, we already tried that My husband is waiting for his paperwork to go through for him to become active army. We know that once he gets to MEPS he will get to see the stations for his wish list. I also understand that he may get sent to someplace random to join a company getting ready to be deployed. We are expecting and prepared for that to happen (somewhat).

However, there is a part of me that is hoping for something overseas. I have heard rumors that alot of medics are being stationed in Germany. My other two choices would be Texas or California.

We have no idea how the whole wish list thing works either. We know for a fact that just because its on our wish list doesn't mean we get to go there Is it a list of places they need medics or will the list be every base ever? Also does anyone know if he will be able to call me once he sees this list? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated this will be our first move ever, and we are anxious, excited but also a little scared.
  2. Member
    Well...they ask for you wish list...My husband is a combat medic...we didnt get anywhere on his wish list..We got somewhere random..Which is Fort Drum..Here in the last couple of months Fort Drum has been getting alot of new soldiers...quiet a few of them were medics. My husbands batallion got some new medics... Good Luck I hope you get placed somewhere you like
  3. Stay off the grass
    Stay off the grass
    eek! DH specifically told me he doesn't want ft. drum or bragg. The recruiter said Ft. Hood (place I was born) and Ft. Bliss need medics. I have family in Texas but I also want to go somewhere that has good schools, whether its a state school, or go back o cosmetology school.

How is Ft. Drum in your opinion? DH says its in the middle of no where, but he says that about everywhere I'm a smidge more optimistic. I'm just happy to get out of MIL's house in a town where they won't even deliver pizza to me lol
  4. Member
    Fort Drum is ok. The base itself is in Watertown which is a ok city. Fort Drum is 1 hour from Syracuse and 30 mins from Kingston, Ontario Canada. Its not completely boring here. They deliver almost everything here. Chinese place delivers here. I love that. It ok if you can take the winter here. Which was a challenge for me cause I am from the south and it sucked here in winter.
  5. Member
    Oh. yeah and I learned real quick dont always trust the recruiter.
  6. Senior Member
    I don't know about medics, but I was talking to my cousin who's an Army officer and he said the Army wishlists have pretty much gone kaput since the war started since bases needs change based on the day. Good luck and just go into it with an open mind!