Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: housing wait list

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

housing wait list

Advertisements
    When did you get on it? because I have heard different things. my dh says we can't get on housing list in coronado until he checks out of this command. when he checks out of this command he has 10 days to get to his new place. Some people have told me different that they were able to fax orders and get on the list that way. I just need to know so I can decide if its worth my time going or not.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    If you have the orders you can get on the list, We turned in DH's new orders and had a place the same day, that was over a year ago I heard the list is long now.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    we have orders but we dont check out til Feb. so i mean it would be good to get on the list if possible. if we have a house by then great if not i'll have to make other plans.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    it may vary but we had to wait until he checked in to his ship and he had "stamped orders" they'll extend your 10 day time period though so dont worry about that
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    hes not going to a ship hes going to the BUD/s compound for training. His indoc starts on the 11th day if Im right. That is IF he gets to class up right on time. they are backed up but then again its a case by case basis. If he has to class up right away then theres just no point in me going cause he won't be able to help me do anything. If we have a house we can high tail it out of here and get there and get the stuff in the house and i can do the unpacking since we are moving ourselves this is the way it has to be. If we don't have a house then there won't be any time and I'll just have to go back home like the original plan and wait it out. He was going to take leave and move me home in Jan so he could check out here and drive straight to CA and check in there within the 10 days. Does that make sense?
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    in SD, you cant get on the list till he checks out of the current command. you have to be there within 30 days of faxing the app to stay on the list and they will back date to his check out date. i just looked at the housing wait list times out there and you should be able to get in somewhere right away. the housing on coronado has LONG wait times.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    yeah i know but i don't know how it will be in Febuary if that is the case. since we only have 10 days. he wanted to get down there and make sure he had everything in order before indoc started so he would have a few free days down there. so it may be best for me to go home in January then. unless somethin works out.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    All bases we have been at you have to be on station because they will put you on a waiting list and date it one month prior.

This way it is fair to all people.

We have always faxed orders to them but they will not put you on the list until you are there.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I PM'd you about the housing situation in Coronado, but the other ladies are right--you can't be put on the list until he's checked out of his current command. And the Coronado wait list is exceptionally long, so you would do better either finding a house or apartment in the village/Cays, or checking out some of the other housing units in SD. Where are you going to be stationed again?
  10. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    in SD, you cant get on the list till he checks out of the current command. you have to be there within 30 days of faxing the app to stay on the list and they will back date to his check out date. i just looked at the housing wait list times out there and you should be able to get in somewhere right away. the housing on coronado has LONG wait times.
    to everything Donna said.. there are IMMEDIATELY available homes all the time, but it may not be the neighborhood you've got your heart set on...

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast