Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just some questions.

1. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥

Just some questions.

Advertisements
    Well it looks like I'll be applying for housing by myself because I'm going to go to our duty station before DH returns from deployment. (Germany BTW, I've been in the states this whole time)

Anyway, so I have a POA and CS.

When I apply for housing, what is the process? What questions do they ask, what do I need to know? Any help would be GREAT!

2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    what base are you going to?
  3. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    I'll be moving to Vilseck

4. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by CarLooSHoo View Post
    I'll be moving to Vilseck

Hmmm....have you started any command sponsorship papers, gotten your passport, etc in order to move Oconus?!?
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    i couldnt really find a good link for you but
    https://onestop.army.mil/includes/contact.asp?id=163

that has their contact info and it looks like you can just shoot them an email with any Q's you have
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post

Hmmm....have you started any command sponsorship papers, gotten your passport, etc in order to move Oconus?!?

VERY IMPORTANT!! when i got to japan every person i came into contact with wanted to see my family entry approval (navy so i dont know about army) so make sure you have that!
  7. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post

Yes I did state in the OP I have a CS. Also, I do have a passport and we are already stationed in Germany, but it'll be my first time moving there.

8. Senior Member
    Yes I did state in the OP I have a CS. Also, I do have a passport and we are already stationed in Germany, but it'll be my first time moving there.
    Has your DH already done all the inprocessing? Do you know where he works when he's there, what his DSN is, etc? You should be able to go to housing with what you have and get on the waiting list (if you're wanting base housing).

As far as questions, I'm really not sure. We turned down base housing right away so we never dealt with that.

Do you have someone at the base to drive you around, stay with, etc?
  9. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmy View Post
    Has your DH already done all the inprocessing? Do you know where he works when he's there, what his DSN is, etc? You should be able to go to housing with what you have and get on the waiting list (if you're wanting base housing).

As far as questions, I'm really not sure. We turned down base housing right away so we never dealt with that.

Do you have someone at the base to drive you around, stay with, etc?
    I'm sure he knows, I'll have to ask him what his DSN is, honestly I don't even know what that stands for. I'm so lost.

Yes we want on base housing. I'm just so scared to go be put on the waiting list, I feel like there is more I need to know. I have a CS, passport, I'm on his orders, I have all my major documents they might want (marriage license, ect). Yes he has done inprocessing. He lived there for 3 months before he was deployed. Which is why I didn't move in with him because one I was still in school and two he was deploying so I didn't want to live in a whole new country by myself with him leaving right away. So now we need to do it all now .

I do not know anyone on that base!

DH is going to ask his friend's wife to help me out so hopefully she will say yes. I don't even know how to get to homecoming or where it is! That's a whole nother story though

10. Senior Member
    I'm sure he knows, I'll have to ask him what his DSN is, honestly I don't even know what that stands for. I'm so lost.

Yes we want on base housing. I'm just so scared to go be put on the waiting list, I feel like there is more I need to know. I have a CS, passport, I'm on his orders, I have all my major documents they might want (marriage license, ect). Yes he has done inprocessing. He lived there for 3 months before he was deployed. Which is why I didn't move in with him because one I was still in school and two he was deploying so I didn't want to live in a whole new country by myself with him leaving right away. So now we need to do it all now .

I do not know anyone on that base!

DH is going to ask his friend's wife to help me out so hopefully she will say yes. I don't even know how to get to homecoming or where it is! That's a whole nother story though
    Ok well the good thing is he already works there so you shouldn't have a hard time getting on the waiting list at all! Pretty much you just need the orders stating that it's an accompanied tour, probably the POA, and info about where he works. His DSN is just his work number. But since he is deployed they may want that. Just ask him for the info. I don't know how long the waiting list is there. Have you contacted housing yet?

The important thing is if you are going over before he comes home you are going to need somewhere to stay and someway of getting around the base. If you're on the orders you can take the driver's test when you get there. I'll link you to it to study if you don't already have it. You watch a video before the test that tells you everything, but it's best to study too. If you pass you get your temp that day and can drive (this is assuming you have a valid license in the states). But I don't know if your husband has a car there or not.

http://rmv.hqusareur.army.mil/drivrman/ss190-34.htm

I would be more than willing to help you out when you got here with a place to stay and all but we're about 4 hours from that base.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast