Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: short notice

1. wonken3

short notice

Advertisements
    ok well its september...
    Dh and i werent planning to be living together anytime soon.... he is deployed and i had school to finish.... originally he wasnt going to be home by november but since he wanted to come home for thanksgiving and christmas oh yeah and new years i wasnt suppose to move up state with him till feb. you know to give me time to finish school and get my things ready to leave... well turns out when he come's home he will be promoted and he has to go to school for two months in march we really dont want to wait till may for us to move in so he wants me to move in sooner but see here is the thing... he wants me to move next month!!! crazy! i dont know what is the first step to moving out! its crazy! ahhh im just going crazy because i only have a month and a couple of days for me to get everything together! we dont even have an apartment yet how am i suppose to go to a place i dont know only been there once!!!!this is very frustrating! especially since i live on my own and i really dont have much of help oh and to make things better he wants me to drive up that i live in TEXAS he is stationed in NEWYORK!!!! how am i going to move all our crap and drive by myself upstate! this is crazy i dont know what to do!!!
  2. Senior Member
    Take a deep breath first of all. Then figure out if this is really what you want to do. Don't be pressured into it and really think it out. Write out all the pros and cons of doing this move.

If you do decide to do this, he can ask to have a few days to go move his personal goods to his new duty station. In the meantime you can pack everything in boxes that are not essential to everyday living. Make sure you label everything. Rent a Uhaul big enough to fit all your stuff. If you have a vehicle ou wll need to rent a car hauler to trailer the car. Unless you stuff will fit in a small trailer, then hopefully you have a vehicle with a tow package on it.

If you need more detailed help let us know.
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  3. Am

Breathe. Make a pros and cons list. If this is something you want to do; the details will work themselves out but make sure it's something you want to do. It's a big step. Follow your heart.