Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh Why San Diego???

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Oh Why San Diego???

Advertisements
    Well Dh called me yestersday (hes on deployment) they want him to reup... and he wanted to call to ask my primission ( such a good dh lol ) i told him of course i dont have an issue with this.. he said its on the west coats again... i replied i have an issue with it now lol ... hes telling me that they want him to reup and he wil lbe in San Diego till 2011.... (mind you im in new jersey and very happy living with his family and being close to mine)..
    he was coming home sept 2009 in wich case i was staying right here in new jersey... now if he reups he wants me and our newborn baby to move to san deigo come november... i will not tell him not to reup cuz i know one its what he wants and i have always supprted his navy career and two he made a good point that if hes out he cant support our family and pay almost 1000 a month on child suport for his daughter ... so i understand but im having an issue with going out there... i have been there once before .. it ended badly, we seperated (hense the child support) and i was miserable not knowing anyone, and being completely isolated in an apartment all the time... i dont want our baby girl to be away from her entire family ( his moms getting older and sicker) and part of my issue may be from what happened last time and im alittle scared to go back to a place i had gone through so much pain in...so i guess what im askin is ... is there any way for him to get on the east coast or are we stuck in san deigo ??? of course ill go with him wherever the navy sends him but id rather it be closer to home like VA or FL or sumthing but i realize the navy does what it wants but i figured it couldnt hurt to ask...
  2. ..is brought to you by the letters W.T.F.!
    ..is brought to you by the letters W.T.F.!
    I was born & raised in NJ for 21 years, and went to SD [nothing to do with military, just moved there] lived there for 7 years and LOVE IT!!! I just moved to FL and hate it and want to go back to SD so bad
    sorry you're having a hard time with this
    you'll be fine!

Loves her Beautiful Wifey, Liegh.

KennyB = Greatness!
  3. live today like he deploys tomorrow<3
    live today like he deploys tomorrow<3
    that sucks. if he cant get closer to home, i would go with him. hes your hubby and thats a long time apart from his newborn baby! that wouldnt be very fair.
    im in SD and still dont know anyone here so i know that its hard, but just concentrate on your baby, take lots of walks outside.. it could be better this time.. good luck!
  4. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    I understand your frustration at his not being able to be stationed close to your families, but at the end of the day, I'd follow DH anywhere as long as his orders were accompanied.

I don't necessarily "love" San Diego (we're stationed here now) but it beats being away from DH.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

5. Senior Member
    is it an actual reenlistment or an extension? i would think with a reenlistment he would be signing up for more than 2 years and that he would get to do a 'dream sheet' or atleast talk with a detailer and be able to work out something on the east coast

if he is just extending i can see how he would more or less 'have to' stay in San Diego

i know the needs of the navy come first but i've never heard of someone reenlisting and being told they have to stay at the same location...sure it's possible but the navy has to rewrite his contract and all contracts are negotiable
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I know it sucks to leave your family but your DH is your family as well and he needs your support, I know you said your going to go regardless but if you go into something with a bad perception on it the outcome is going to be bad. You still have time, make the best with what you have and enjoy your time with your family....Your DH is in the navy and your bound to move.
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    DH said as of today... that he is reenlsiting for four years... that he wants to have his dad to reenlist him on the tiger cruise with sum ceromony they have and the dischargehim and then reenlist him and read him its right and all that ... so im guessing its a reenlistment not a extention unless thats what they do for an extention... but i dont know
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    DH didn't ask my opinion and brought me out here (San Diego), away from everyone and everything I've ever known. After 7 years, it's home now. I HATED it and wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. I still miss VA and would rather be back on the "right coast" but we're here and I've made the best out of it. I won't say that I love it, but I'm comfortable now. If you ever want someone to talk to who's been there, send me a PM. I know how it is to be in a new place and isolated in an apt with kids and not knowing anyone.

Yep, it does sound like he's reenlisting. You get an Honorable Discharge and then enlist all at the same time.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    There's some kind of new rules for East Coast transfers: he has to go SHORE DUTY IA to Iraq for a year, unless he's IMMEDIATELY needed on the EC. I just went through this last week. Hubs wants to go back east. I do too (my family's in VA), but not as bad. I'll follow him wherever. He asked his detailer and the guy said that, in order for him to go to the East Coast, he'd have to go to Iraq for a year or so.

Ask your husband to talk to his detailer about it: "Hey, I'd like to go to the East Coast, preferably somewhere close to NJ, can it happen?"

Please, if you need any detail, ask me.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shelliegreeneyes View Post
    DH didn't ask my opinion and brought me out here (San Diego), away from everyone and everything I've ever known. After 7 years, it's home now. I HATED it and wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. I still miss VA and would rather be back on the "right coast" but we're here and I've made the best out of it. I won't say that I love it, but I'm comfortable now. If you ever want someone to talk to who's been there, send me a PM. I know how it is to be in a new place and isolated in an apt with kids and not knowing anyone.

Yep, it does sound like he's reenlisting. You get an Honorable Discharge and then enlist all at the same time.
    Wow, you said exactly what I feel
    I always see the moves at temporary. We will not be in one place forever. The Navy will need Dh somewhere else eveentually. It is hard to be away from family too but 4 years is a long time to be away from a husband.I kknow those who do it(live in different places) but I cannot imagine doing that
    JMO
    Finding more and more truth to the words written in red.-B&D

Goodness speaks in a whisper, evil shouts.
    Tibetan proverb

The greater love is a mother's; then comes a dog's; then a sweetheart's.
    Polish Proverb
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast