Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: GIRLS PLZ HELP!!!

1. wonken3

Nutts GIRLS PLZ HELP!!!

Advertisements
    omg im sooo lost i have no idea what to do!!!
    my husband comes home in november but im soo frustrated i dont know one bit about appling for the home and moving and school! and my job!!!! argh imma be relocating to frot drumm and well today i got an email letting me know of all the things i need in order to get a home on post! but i have no idea what i half of the thing are i only have my military id my marriage lisence and POA, im going nuts! and i was reading the application and it said i have to move over there 30 days before we actually get the house? wth? hpow does that work i have to book a hotel room for 30 days? i live in texas and i have no idea how imma get half my thing to ny!!!! and how am i suppose to get any of this done before my husband comes home!! someone plz help me!!plz!?
  2. wonken3
    plz girls help me
  3. Banned
    Banned
    First, take a deep breath (or two or three). Right now you are overwhelmed because you are trying to sort out everything at once. Break the issues down into pieces.
    1 - the housing. Call and speak directly to the housing office at Ft. Drum. Have a list of specific questions written down before you call to avoid the dreaded hanging up and thinking of six other things you meant to ask. Get clarification on what you are reading (the 30 day issue) before you try to jump ahead to how to deal with that because there is no sense in taking precious time and energy in solving an issue if you aren't sure it's an issue - make sense?
    2 - schooling -- have you identified a school in the area you are moving to that you want to attend? Are you currently attending school where you are at?

Basically, go down the list of everything running through your head right now - write it down and prioritize them in order of importance of being solved. Then start taking them one at a time and work through them.

You'll be okay- it just seems really overwhelming right now but it doesn't have to stay that way.
  4. wonken3
    omg thank you i didnt even think of writting down the questions lol because i totally do that when i hang up i remember the really important ones!!! lol thank you soooo much!
  5. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    Looking at everything they send is daunting. Make a check list. That way it isn't some jumbled mess! Good luck!
  6. wonken3
    but see thats the thing i dont know what should be on the check list
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    http://www.drum.army.mil/garrison/pw/housing.asp

maybe this site can help you as well!