Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Great......

1. Dorothy.....We're still in Kansas!
    Dorothy.....We're still in Kansas!

Bang Head Great......

Advertisements
    So, I just checked DH's ERB. First station after AIT? Camp Walker Korea. He doesn't even know yet. It's past lights out and I can't call to tell him. I hope, by some random chance, that DS and I can go with him. Any advice ladies? I feel so depressed right now. He left when DS was 3 months old and we had been married for 3 days. He's only seen DS once since April, for two days between basic and AIT. I know alot of you have it worse, but for me, right now, this is bad. I've been at the end of my rope, dealing with DS practically alone and living at my parents, no car, and in the middle of bankruptcy. I don't need this right now.

Edit - new info. Ok, DH gets to come home for the weekend, and his SGT wants to talk to him tomorrow about this. His basic was 4 weeks longer than normal b/c knox screwed up and he had to sit there for a month b4 they sent him to Jackson. Now, I find out that, even though he grads AIT sept. 16, he has to stay in MD for 2 more weeks for paperwork and shots and all that stuff. He has to be in Korea around a month after he graduates. So, this means he gets to see DS for a total of roughly two weeks. that'll be about 16 days he'll see DS since he was 3 months old. This absolutely sucks. I could care less if I can go with him or not, I just don't want him to have to be away from DS for that long right now.
    Last edited by jhlyon51906; 08-28-2008 at 10:26 PM.

2. Yup I turned 30, and my clock ticks every now and again.
    Yup I turned 30, and my clock ticks every now and again.
    Wow. I am so sorry hun. I have no words of wisdom. I just have
    “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.”
  3. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    Words of hope! I have located one command sponsored family at Camp Walker, so it is not impossible. I know that some areas in Korea do not allow any family members but this is at least one person at Camp Walker, so that's a start!

http://www.usfkforums.com/spouses-cl...ht=Camp+Walker
  4. cewife
    Walk has families there, our chaplain was with his family there before he came up here.
    They are really increasing the number of command sponsored slots here, out unit has basically just over doubled the number of slots they have just since last april.
  5. Dorothy.....We're still in Kansas!
    Dorothy.....We're still in Kansas!
    Well, DH isn't happy about it, to say the least. He doesn't care, as long as it's accompanied, or we can go, it's just a money issue if we go on our own

6. Senior Member
    Don't freak yet, my DH orders changed to three diffrent locations in less than 6weeks....So I technically gave up on ERB, until it was in Black and White...

But go ahead and start calling around. Its better to be informed, Just in case!!

Good Luck!
  7. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. LA View Post
    Don't freak yet, my DH orders changed to three diffrent locations in less than 6weeks....So I technically gave up on ERB, until it was in Black and White...

But go ahead and start calling around. Its better to be informed, Just in case!!

Good Luck!
    Until you have orders in hand, I wouldn't believe anything just yet. I wasn't with my fiance through AIT or basic, but I know that when he said he was getting Italy orders, I waited for the piece of paper until I believed it. though!!
  8. Senior Member
    My DF got information (in AIT training) that it could take 6 months or so to get sponsorship for families to relocate to Korea.
  9. Aplatel87
    DH orders changed about 3 times before he got the paperwork. =) Just be prepared JUST IN CASE!!