Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ballston Spa, New York or Charleston, South Carolina

1. Deborah
    Deborah

Ballston Spa, New York or Charleston, South Carolina

Advertisements
    My husband is going to be graduating A school on September 5 then he has power school. My husband has two places that he can go to for prototype Ballston Spa, New York or staying here in Charleston. The pro's for us moving to New York well we would only be a three hour drive away from family. So do you think its worth the move? Has any one lived in Ballston Spa New York and if so how was it? How's the housing? Is there a waiting list?
  2. Senior Member
    From what I have heard Ballston Spa is exceedingly small and the closest commy is life an hour away. The wait list is pretty much non existant. It is a small area and not a ton of military. My husband is looking at getting a transfer there to teach at Prototype, this is the only reason I know myself
  3. Senior Member
    I've lived near ballston spa my whole life (well until I moved to RI to go to school) it's beautiful here...there's tons of stuff to do...and it's very peaceful...just keep in mind that it snows....ALOT....but really, I have no complaints about it...I'd go for it!
  4. Deborah
    Deborah
    The snow wouldn't bother us my husband and I are both from the Rochester, New York area.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We currently live in Saratoga and we love it sad that we just got orders to Groton, but very nice area. If you want to know anything just ask and I will try to help you out!
    ~SHARON~

6. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate
    I'd go w/NY just to try something different. I've heard that part of NY state is beautiful.