Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: HELP! FIRST PCS! DH IN KOREA & IM IN MI!

1. MrsPFCRogers

Help HELP! FIRST PCS! DH IN KOREA & IM IN MI!

Advertisements
    HELP! This is our first PCS and our next station in Fort Lewis Washington. He is in Korea until October 29th and not due to report for duty until December 10th but he wants to take leave right after getting back to the states for 7 days...then he says something about taking 10 days TDY ( whatever that is )
    So, if u look @ the math of it...October 29th he comes home and takes 7 days leave which puts us @ November 5th to be done with leave in Michigan...then driving out to Washington state from Northern Michigan! Now, mind you the nanny and I are the only ones with drivers licenses and we are also driving across country with 3 children!
    I do NOT want to end up doing a DITY move but I am terrified about driving in November weather through the mountains with our children...
    So my questions are this :

1. What are my chances at flying out there and having them ship our vehicle out there for us?
    2. What would I have to do to accomplish this?
    3. Who do I need to contact about this ( other than you lovely ladies of course )

And if it makes any difference he is full time active duty Army and we are married.

Thanks so much for your help.
  2. Married to a Naval Officer
    Married to a Naval Officer
    They can fly you out but you'd have to ship the vehicle out of your own pocket. It can be costly, though. The only other option is what you know, to drive your vehicle yourself. Isn't your DH driving with you to Washington? Is there like a Family Service Center close to you? They can give you more information about your entitlements and they might be able to offer you more options. Hope this gives you an idea on what to expect.
  3. Senior Member
    When I called Ft. Lewis they directed me to my nearest base. I called them and asked what I needed to bring. I did it on a Navy/Marine base I went to TMO. But I did need a power of attorney (POA)