Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How high are the chances of my DB getting deployed from Hawaii??

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Help How high are the chances of my DB getting deployed from Hawaii??

Advertisements
    Does anyone know the rate of an Army Sergeant getting deployed to Iraq who is going to be station in Hawaii probably in the next month?? He just doesn't know how long he'll be staying there so it'll be hard for me to visit him when I live in PA. We both heard Hawaii is the 2nd most deployable station. Also I just found out yesterday my DB is graduating early from Logistics for Aviation. He got promoted NOC I'm happy for him but because he just found out he is graduating and got promoted he is really busy until he graduates. I won't be able to go down to see him when he graduates or spend time with him before he graduates because he doesn't get done school until a few days before he graduates. He has a lot of stuff do before he graduates. If he didn't graduate early I would've been able to see him and spend time with him before he leaves for home. The last time I saw was 4th of July weekend. He leaves for home after he graduates than goes to Hawaii. He doesn't know how long he is going to be at home before he goes to Hawaii. If he does get deployed to Iraq or somewhere around there he'll be there for a year. We're both taking it hard right now because we won't be able to see each other for a while now. He got a pass to come see me because he pass his test and we were both excited about it too. And I can't see him because I leave for vacation thurs and when I come back he'll be busy getting stuff done before he leaves. If I knew the 4th of July weekend was going to be the last time I see him for a while we would've done more stuff like amusement parks, Baltimore, etc. I'm trying to stay happy but it isn't working.....
    Everything thats happened has happened to lead you here now
  2. Amy
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Getting deployed...ever? Pretty high.
  3. Senior Member
    It depends on his unit. I know some of them are deployed right now, so if that's where he's going and he gets to Hawaii while they're still deployed, then he'll be sent right over to finish out the deployment with the rest of his unit.
    ~Jessie~

4. Senior Member
    i replied to this thread in general, but here ya go...again

i think the chance of him deploying depends on his unit. we're USMC in hawaii, and a lot of units here dont deploy to iraq, they go to the philipines. I really dont know about the Army, though. If he does receive orders to deploy, he's supposed to get pre-deployment leave, which would give him time to come home and see you or you fly to see him. Hope things work out for ya
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    While we're not Army our friends who ARE Army in Hawaii deploy alot.......I've known people here and never once met their spouse because they were always gone.
  6. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate
    Ditto to Amy. The 25th ID is in Iraq for 15 months right now, and some large group is always gone from Schofield. I think it sounds like Army deploys a lot from here, but don't they all deploy, depending on what type of unit they are in?
  7. *~Mrs. L~*
    *~Mrs. L~*
    Blog Entries
    Just depends on thier deployment rotations. I know my boyfriends brother is deployed out of HI right now and will be back around spring. Just depends on what unit they put him in. He may even get shipped off to join one that is already deployed. You just never know. They send them where they are needed.
  8. Thread Killer
    Thread Killer
    My ex was in HI for four years at Schofield and never deployed, my husband was at Kbay and never did either. Depends on their job and their unit/squadron
    Jayme
    The TaterTwins
    Boy 14, Boy 12, Boy 11, Girl 8, Girl 6 & Twin Boys 6/14/09

9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by carmel11725 View Post
    i replied to this thread in general, but here ya go...again

i think the chance of him deploying depends on his unit. we're USMC in hawaii, and a lot of units here dont deploy to iraq, they go to the philipines. I really dont know about the Army, though. If he does receive orders to deploy, he's supposed to get pre-deployment leave, which would give him time to come home and see you or you fly to see him. Hope things work out for ya
    That's strange because all of my Marine friends' husbands have been in Iraq or Afghanistan at least once in the three years they came out here. My friend's husband is on his second Iraq right now......most of them moved as fast as they could because of the tempo.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Depends on his unit, same as with any duty station.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast