Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Clearance run around

1. kicking this first deployments @ss
    kicking this first deployments @ss

Confused Clearance run around

Advertisements
    Has anyone else had this problem? Trying to get my clearance to go overseas with my husband. I have went to the doctor and dentist and have no special needs so I thought I was good to go but when I spoke to the coordinator she decided that, because I had mild depression 10 years ago, I should do a mental health evaluation. Ok no problem, but the place she told me to go doesnt seem to exist anymore and she said I couldnt go to the MHCP on this base because they dont deal with dependants. I called them myself to be sure and they told me to come in they do it for clearance but not for follow up. I got there and they decided to change their mind and say they weren't sure if they did that or not. Its getting very frustrating because nobody will point me the right way and this is the last thing we need done so he can get his orders to go overseas. PLEASE HELP!!!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsA1CLane View Post
    Has anyone else had this problem? Trying to get my clearance to go overseas with my husband. I have went to the doctor and dentist and have no special needs so I thought I was good to go but when I spoke to the coordinator she decided that, because I had mild depression 10 years ago, I should do a mental health evaluation. Ok no problem, but the place she told me to go doesnt seem to exist anymore and she said I couldnt go to the MHCP on this base because they dont deal with dependants. I called them myself to be sure and they told me to come in they do it for clearance but not for follow up. I got there and they decided to change their mind and say they weren't sure if they did that or not. Its getting very frustrating because nobody will point me the right way and this is the last thing we need done so he can get his orders to go overseas. PLEASE HELP!!!
    You should probably speak to the Patient Contact Rep there in the clinic, but just so you get a lot more answers and suggestions, I'm going to ask a mod to move this post somewhere else.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Yeah, the Help Desk forum is more for technical help.

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time
  4. kicking this first deployments @ss
    kicking this first deployments @ss

Bang Head FMRC run around......pt 2

Well after FINALLY getting everything done we were told to do and sitting around waiting for them to cut his orders I called today to check the status of everything and was told I also needed a travel visa to go to the UK. I was also informed that it would cost $431 dollars and I would have to pay for it online using a credit card. I told the man on the other end of the phone that we couldn't possibly afford that. As is we are getting behind having to pay for my hotel room because all the lodging on base is always full and hubbys first sgt told him, when asked about AFA, that if he cant afford to pay for me to stay to just send me home. Well easier said than done, I don't have a home to go back to, I was staying with friends til he finished tech school and that was a month ago. We have been paying out of pocket for a grand total of $1200+ for a hotel room, not counting food or anything else. So every 2 weeks when his check hits the bank it has been coming right back out for that so we have NO extra for me to get a travel visa.... We gave up on the UK and got his orders diverted to stateside... I'll keep you up to date on where we're going now
  5. Senior Member
    Yeah our overseas move cost us thousands. I'm sorry you didn't get to go. I hope you are able to get orders somewhere stateside and be happy there
  6. Senior Member
    Last edited by USNIwife; 09-09-2008 at 08:36 AM.

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.