Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dity Move for fiance?

1. kybrit25

Dity Move for fiance?

Advertisements
    Hi ladies,
    I'm an Army fiance and I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to online. I was hoping some of you all could help me out, you all seem to know quite a bit more than I do. I'm sort of a newb.
    I have finally decided to join my fiance in Fort Carson, Colorado, he's been begging and pleading for about 6 months now and I'm finally going to make that big leap. The other day when we were talking, he'd mentioned something about a DITY move, however since we are not married YET, do we still qualify for the move? I didn't realize how much the move was going to cost until I started weighing out my options. I live in Kentucky and that's a 19 hour drive all the way to Colorado. We would have cost of the U-Haul, gas, food, and all the other sucky things that go along with traveling. I need answers...hellllllpppp!!
  2. Senior Member
    pretty sure you don't qualify unless you're married before he got his orders that PCS'ed him to CO...sorry and !

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  3. kybrit25
    Boo! That sucks! What do you think the cheapest way for me to go is? I don't have a lot of things, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let me fly a couch, bedroom suite, china cabinet, and big screen with me on a plane. Oh, I just want to win the lottery.
  4. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    you can pack everything up and have it shipped - or you can rent a moving truck & drive everything out.

5. kybrit25
    Looks like that is the only thing I can do. David is going to talk to the 1st SGT today and see what other options he can give us. Thanks for the help girls.
  6. Do fairytales ever come true?
    Do fairytales ever come true?
    Virginia Beach Va (hubby is on USS Bataan)
    Blog Entries
    you dont qualify dependants only. dependants are kids, spouses or anybody you have "custody" of legally.

[/url]
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    dh went to his duty station with the clothes on his back and never had anything he owned sent to him because he deployed so quickly afterwards. he use to say that he was still eligable to pcs, which would have meant i could have pretended some of my stuff was his stuff, but only because we're from the same town. we never actually explored this option further... so maybe his was mislead, but it may be something to look into.

other than that idea, then no way. they'll only do it if you're married.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    I just waited until he was moving and moved all of my stuff with his....other than that I'd just wait until you guys were married if you can't afford it.
  9. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    You're pretty much going to have to pay for the move yourself. The military can't help. I know how it goes, as I originally moved to Hawaii from California to be with my then fiancé...
  10. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    No, the military will not pay to move you.

My little Loves!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast