Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ? about medical screening prior to PCSing to Germany

1. Senior Member

Question ? about medical screening prior to PCSing to Germany

Advertisements
    My husband is sending me some paperwork in the mail for me to take myself and our daughters to the Dr. for medical screenings. Can someone please tell what exactly they need to do at the Dr? I never go to the dr. so I don't have a primary dr that i see, so where should I go? Just any local Dr? The dr I ever saw on a regular basis was my ob/ gyn when i was pregnant with my girls. Also, do I need to get copies of all of our medical records? Like I said before I really don't have a dr for myself....do i need my medical records from the ob/gyn??

I need to call today and try to get us in for appointments.... I guess I just need to know what to tell the dr office I need appointments for. Just tell them the situation?

One more thing.....how does tricare standard work? We have had it for 4 months, but haven't used it becasue we haven't needed to go to a dr. Do we have to pay a co-pay?

Thanks!!

"I love you more than I can say, I can't even fathom the words" - DH
  2. Senior Member
    bump

anyone?

3. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    who is your PCM right now? You should have been assigned one or picked one when you enrolled in Tricare. That should be your first stop. Is there an MTF near you? If so you can have them request your records from your doctors so you dont have to pay per sheet for a copy, medical records transfers are free. If you don't you can wait till you get to Germany to have them sent to the MTF there. Do your girls have a Ped?
    http://tricare.mil/mybenefit/ there is the tricare site. You may want to give them a call to find out how it all works. See if you guys can't get on Prime. with prime there is no copay or any of that.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

4. ProudArmyWifeD
    Last edited by ProudArmyWifeD; 01-06-2010 at 12:01 PM.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudArmyWifeD View Post
    You should be on Prime, which has no copay. Standard, you can use any doctor but will pay a portion. Check the Tricare website for more info, and to find a doctor.

The screening is for things like hearing/sight, asthma, allergies, psychological or developmental issues. The doctor will likely give you a standard physical and then go through the paperwork with you, unless there are issues with any of those things. If you or the kids have any of those issues, it will make you an Exceptional Family Member, and that will mean your husband will only get stationed somewhere that has the facilities to care for whatever your special needs are. If no issues, then you just give the paperwork back to your husband and you are good to go.
    No not necessarily. If they do have those things it's just additional paperwork from previous doctors. It's then sent to the medical board at the receiving base and they determine whether or not they would be able to care for the patient. If denied, then you should have the option of EFMP. It's a very long process though.
  6. Senior Member
    We are on Tricare standard i believe. There are no Army bases in Arkanasas. There is however a AFB about 2 hours north of me. We didn't choose a Dr. when we enrolled, like I mentioned we haven't even been to the Dr since we got tricare 4 months ago. I did look up the girls pedi and she is in the network for Tricare Standard.

I just don't want to get to the Dr next week and have to pay something...because I'm broke! No money at all right now. But I have to get these appointments taken care of and the paperwork sent back to my DH within 30 days from the date he recieved them. So I'm in a bit of a rush.

As far as I know the girls and I are healthy, so I think everything should be fine.

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina628 View Post
    We are on Tricare standard i believe. There are no Army bases in Arkanasas. There is however a AFB about 2 hours north of me. We didn't choose a Dr. when we enrolled, like I mentioned we haven't even been to the Dr since we got tricare 4 months ago. I did look up the girls pedi and she is in the network for Tricare Standard.

I just don't want to get to the Dr next week and have to pay something...because I'm broke! No money at all right now. But I have to get these appointments taken care of and the paperwork sent back to my DH within 30 days from the date he recieved them. So I'm in a bit of a rush.

As far as I know the girls and I are healthy, so I think everything should be fine.
    If none of you have any of the issues mentioned above you should be fine. You just need to get to a doctor to have them sign off on the paperwork. Do it as soon as possible because the medical approval is important.

I know nothing about Standard, sorry. Maybe you can call Tricare for your area and ask where you can go and how much the co-pay will be?
  8. Senior Member
    I talked to my DH and said he thinks we re on Prime...I don't know why I thought we had standard..hmm...

I called my girls dr office and told them the situation and i needed to schedule an appointment so we can move to Germany, they said the ycan't get them in until August 22nd due to lots of kids getting back to school physicals...that's to late.

Here's what I'm thinking...I could take them to the AFB and see a dr. there. That's ok, right? Even though we are Army...I didn't think it would matter but wanted to make sure.

9. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina628 View Post
    I talked to my DH and said he thinks we re on Prime...I don't know why I thought we had standard..hmm...

I called my girls dr office and told them the situation and i needed to schedule an appointment so we can move to Germany, they said the ycan't get them in until August 22nd due to lots of kids getting back to school physicals...that's to late.

Here's what I'm thinking...I could take them to the AFB and see a dr. there. That's ok, right? Even though we are Army...I didn't think it would matter but wanted to make sure.
    Is there a hospital at the AFB if there is an adequate hospital then you can be seen there. But if you are on standard they may not take you. Usually only in emergencies. You should call tricare you are in the south so 1-800-444-5445 to find out what you are on and who your providers are on. Also explain the situation to see if you can do something different or if they can help you. I would call them rather then your DH simply because they will know exactly which tricare plan you are on and what you can do.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    Is there a hospital at the AFB if there is an adequate hospital then you can be seen there. But if you are on standard they may not take you. Usually only in emergencies. You should call tricare you are in the south so 1-800-444-5445 to find out what you are on and who your providers are on. Also explain the situation to see if you can do something different or if they can help you. I would call them rather then your DH simply because they will know exactly which tricare plan you are on and what you can do.
    thanks for the number
    we are enrolled in standard, i thought we were. so i guess i'll just have to pay something out of pocket.

if we do enroll in prime we have to use the same primary doctor every time. so should i just wait and change it when we get to Germany?

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast