Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there any possible way???

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Is there any possible way???

Advertisements
    Is there any way I can break a lease to move on base? It's a matter of safety and no one is taking me seriously... Housing just gives me the run around and my property management just leaves me... If not, then what happens if I quit paying rent and get evicted? Is it really going to be all that bad??? I need to get out of this place and it's no joke. It's one of those things where I might end up dead if I don't move... The police don't give a crap b/c unless I'm lying there w/ a gunshot wound or making a traffic violation they could give a flying . I just really really really need a loophole or some advice on how I can get out of this lease and preferably onto post. Thanks guys!
  2. Senior Member
    They won't let you break the lease early & pay a fee for it?
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyssaM View Post
    They won't let you break the lease early & pay a fee for it?
    They said I have to pay a fee and pay the rest of my lease term. Makes no sense, huh? If I have to pay the rest of my lease term then why the heck would I have to pay a fine? They are just a bunch of snakes and JAG hasn't been helpful at all with the other issue (don't want to really get into it). So I'm in a situation where either I find a loophole or someone can give me an answer on the legalities of getting out or I'm screwed.
  4. Senior Member
    Wow. What shitty management. How much longer is your lease term there for?
  5. Uh-Lawn-Uh
    Uh-Lawn-Uh
    my mom has done apartment management for YEARS now. ill give her a call and find out what you can do.
  6. Senior Member

i'd think if you talked to the IG, you'd be able to get some help...if it's a matter of safety, i would think there might be a military clause that allows you to break your lease. call your base IG.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyssaM View Post
    Wow. What shitty management. How much longer is your lease term there for?
    Amen. I am discouraging everyone I know from renting from them. They always have a really cocky way of talking to their tenants and it sucks. There have been days where I wanted to hop over the counter and smack em. But my lease is up in March...
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovekale View Post
    i'd think if you talked to the IG, you'd be able to get some help...if it's a matter of safety, i would think there might be a military clause that allows you to break your lease. call your base IG.
    I'll check into that. Thanks!
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    If there isn't a clause in your lease then you're out of luck. I haven't heard of being able to break a lease otherwise. A military clause in your lease has nothing to do with your safety.

You can't just quit paying rent. They can take you to court and still sue you for the the money you would have owed if you stayed. That will also ruin your credit and could hurt your husband's career.

Check with your police station and ask about the danger in the area and if there's anything they can do to help the situation.
    ★RagaBabe Cloth Diapers Grand Opening www.ragababe.com
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyTheSeaKnows View Post
    If there isn't a clause in your lease then you're out of luck. I haven't heard of being able to break a lease otherwise. A military clause in your lease has nothing to do with your safety.

You can't just quit paying rent. They can take you to court and still sue you for the the money you would have owed if you stayed. That will also ruin your credit and could hurt your husband's career.

Check with your police station and ask about the danger in the area and if there's anything they can do to help the situation.
    They won't help. They just keep saying if it happens again to let them know... I was black and blue from getting the tar beat outta me and they did nothing...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast