Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: First Duty Station

1. Senior Member

First Duty Station

Advertisements
    So i know i have until october before i find out where our orders are even gunna be. but my question is this... i wanna have all my duckies in a row so im starting early.

How do i know if housing is available or what the waiting list is like?

Also Does the army move us? or do we have to move ourselfs as it is our first move outta AIT?

Also if housing is available can we request a 3bedroom with only having one child at the moment? (planning ahead as we wanna try for another)

Does DH have to make all the plans from his OSUT because if so he is horrible at that!!

Please tell me EVERYTHING YOU CAN!!!
    "You are good, when there is nothing good in me
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    You can call the housing office ( once you know where you are going) to find out the wait list.
    You will get housing based on your current family size, if you only have one child and are not pregnant you will only qualify for a 2 bedroom unless you get pregnant and have a proof of pregnancy to go for a bigger house.

they will move you every time he gets orders. You will get moved from where you are to his new duty station once they find out.

Once you find out where you are going somethings you can set up, other things he will need to take care of on his end. Make sure you have POA for Household goods if he won't be there with you otherwise you can't move without him or the POA.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. Senior Member
    I know in the navy you don't get even an idea until one you get out of training, then you have to talk to the detailer.. and I know the housing depends on what is available and how long you are going to be there. Like we have one child and we have a two bedroom. So really it depends on when and where... In the military, my best sugestion is to NEVER plan.. You will only get disappointed when your plans don't work out...
    I knew the moment I first looked into your eyes - before you ever kissed me, I knew whether you knew it or not, and no matter how long it took, you were the one for me. I didn't care what people said or what the odds were. I didn't pay attention to anything but to what my heart was telling me. "This is it," my heart said. "This is the one you've been waiting for!" And thats the way I've felt about you ever since.That's the way it still is every time I hear your voice on the other end of the line. It doesn't matter whether we're in or out of love at that moment. I guess that's cause we both know you'll always be mine and I'll always be yours. Thats what being in love is all about!