Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Fort Leonard Wood?

1. Senior Member

Fort Leonard Wood?

Advertisements
    Is anyone stationed there? DH seems to think it's possible we will get there. HE is there now for training and he graduates soon. He said lots of the E5s and E4s found out 3 weeks ago they are being stationed there. HE is an E6 and hasn't found out yet. None of the E6s that are there have found out, but he said for me to look into the area because he thinks there is a good chance we'll go there. Apparently they are putting an entire new bragade of MPs there or something.. SO anyone there? Been there? How is it?
    Trish & Hubby Home for R&R!! Dec. 2009
  2. Rhiannan
    Rhiannan
    Db isnt stationed there... he's just there for training right now, so ive been out thee a couple times. Its a beautiful area and thats about IT. Its a very desolate area... very quiet and not much in the area.

Thanks Cat, absolutely perfect!!
    He's home
  3. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RnS1112 View Post
    Db isnt stationed there... he's just there for training right now, so ive been out thee a couple times. Its a beautiful area and thats about IT. Its a very desolate area... very quiet and not much in the area.
    The only time I was there was for DF graduation, but there really is NOTHING around there. The best thing to do, really, is walmart.

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My boyfriends moving there in less then a month. It really is a deserted place, the next best thing around is St Louis and thats a 2 hour drive. The ony thing really in that town is lots of hotels and a walmart
  5. Noob
    Noob
    Fort Leonard Wood is a beautiful place for a family. Lots of hikes, rivers, and parks to go too. Yes it is in a rural area, but I wouldnt exactly call it desolate. It very nice and quiet, the base is very comfortable. St. Louis is around an hour and a half drive, Springfield is only a little under an hour the other way. There are tons of things to do if you enjoy being outdoors, and nature. I loved it there, my kids loved it there as well.

Good luck, and if you have any specific questions pm me, I am from the Springfield area and can give you lots of things to do. Not too mention you are not very far from Arkansas and Illinois which are both great places to visit too. Arkansas has a great diamond park where you take the kids to dig for diamonds.
  6. Senior Member
    Thanks girls. I guess I jumped the gun because he got his orders today to Fort Polk. UGH I was just getting excited about Fort leonard wood.
    Trish & Hubby Home for R&R!! Dec. 2009
  7. God loves you and so do I!!!
    God loves you and so do I!!!
    we are stationed at FLW and are counting down the days before we leave.. 3 more months yay.. anyway if you like fishing and hiking you will love it. I'm not used to the cold weather and snow its so unpredictable.. but it is a beautiful area. if you have any ?s feel free to ask