Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

1. Senior Member

Help HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

Advertisements
    DH got orders, and things are all sorts of screwy so I ahve a few questions!!! First, is there anyone here from Great Falls Montana?? That's whare his orders are to. Also, how much notification does the military have to give you before you ahve to report to your new base??? And how long do you have to be at a base before you can be transfered-retaiability I mean. And if you re enlist after your first term, can you get it in writing that you want a specific base BEFORE you sign your re enlistment papers?? I can't explain a whole lot, but if ya'll know anything, please let me know!!! I jsut got an AWESOME job(double DH's pay) and we own a house, so it's kinda important that I find out right away!!
    Thanks ladies!!
  2. Epic
    Epic

I can't answer your questions about Malstrom but I can answer your other questions.

First term Airman have to have a 2 years TOS before they are eligible for orders. Just because they are eligible thought doesn't mean he/she is going to get orders. Also, the Air Force doesn't guarantee bases for reenlistments. He can try for a BOP(base of preference) but again, that isn't guaranteed.
  3. Senior Member
    DH got orders and I just got an awesome job and we own our house!!! So I'm trying not to freak out.
  4. I'm Only A Little Crazy
    I'm Only A Little Crazy
    I *think* Kristen (montanasweetie) is up in that area. Im sure she could help you out with some info.