Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soooo lost.

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Question Soooo lost.

Advertisements
    My husband and I are PCSing at the end of the summer. We are moving from Fort Bragg, NC all the way to Fort Lewis, WA. This will be our first PCS in the 7 years he has been in the Army. We currently live off-post, but are moving on-post when we get to Lewis. The Army is moving us.

Here are my questions:

1. What money can we expect and what will it be for?

2. What money will we get in advance, and what will we receive after we have moved?

3. What do I do if we get there and have to wait for a house?

4. If we have to stay in a hotel when we get there, will we still receive BAH until we have accepted a house?

This is really the beginning phase of preparation, and I want to know what basic things to expect. I am a huge planner and don't want to walk into this completely clueless. I like to pretend I know what's going on.

2. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    Gah, I wish I had more advice for you but I just wanted to say welcome to Lewis!
  3. Armywife1218
    1. What money can we expect and what will it be for? We moved everything of ours ourself so we did a dity move and got 1700 for just moving ourselfs.

2. What money will we get in advance, and what will we receive after we have moved?We didnt get any money in advice to PCS. We paid for everything out of pocket and we had to turn in all the costs and they had the money in our account 4-5 weeks later.

3. What do I do if we get there and have to wait for a house? You will have to get a hotel room and stay there. You will pay out of pocket and then tell your husband to turn it in and they will put it back in your account in 4 weeks. (yeah that a little to long!)

4. If we have to stay in a hotel when we get there, will we still receive BAH until we have accepted a house? Humm.. I'm not sure if my husband was receiving BAH or not.
  4. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    1. What money can we expect and what will it be for?
    you can expect DLA ( dislocation allowance there is a thread in this forum at the top that shows the amount you are eligible based on rank), advance travel based on mileage. and per diem. we moved from WA to TX and got 5K more or less to give you a ball park

2. What money will we get in advance, and what will we receive after we have moved?
    You get all but a small portion of travel in advance. You can submit claims when you get to your new place and sometimes get reimbursed this last time we didn't get any reimbursement because they stated that we received all our travel. You can get TLE ( temporary lodging expenses) but that is only reimbursable not advanced.

3. What do I do if we get there and have to wait for a house?
    it depends how long the wait you may want to call ahead and find out the wait time on a house that will determine if you want to rent or wait it out.

4. If we have to stay in a hotel when we get there, will we still receive BAH until we have accepted a house?
    You will continue to receive BAH until you sign a lease with housing and make allotment arrangements.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Okay, so what is per diem?
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Also, it just dawned on me that I have a dog. LOL! What the crap am I going to do about staying in a hotel with a dog?!

Now I'm getting scared.
  7. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick's Wife View Post
    Also, it just dawned on me that I have a dog. LOL! What the crap am I going to do about staying in a hotel with a dog?!

Now I'm getting scared.
    well if you are staying in a military lodge your pet can't stay. so you may need to kennel him till you find a place that accepts pets.
    per diem is an amount of money that you get for a days travel. so you get x amount per day for food and lodging.

I will miss you SOS...

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I have another girl telling me that "ALL military lodging allows pets." I suppose I could call a local place on post there and ask them about it.

I just want to be prepared. We are driving there from NC in a Honda Accord with a toddler, 10 year old and a Boxer dog. Eeeeek!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    One more thing! We have 2 vehicles. How will the other one get there?
  10. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    I have another girl telling me that "ALL military lodging allows pets." I suppose I could call a local place on post there and ask them about it.

I just want to be prepared. We are driving there from NC in a Honda Accord with a toddler, 10 year old and a Boxer dog. Eeeeek!
    that is not true I do know that the Navy lodge is not pet friendly.

One more thing! We have 2 vehicles. How will the other one get there?
    are you driving together? when we PCS we each drive a vehicle, you can tow one if you like, but you won't get additional monies. or ship one at your own expense.

I will miss you SOS...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast