Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving Question

1. Senior Member

Moving Question

Advertisements
    The big move is coming up on the 28th out to Lemoore, CA. We have filled the paperwork for our DITY move and got the approval on the advance. Phil is turning that paperwork in today. How long does it take to get that money? I assume it's going to go into his checking account through DFAS?

I am new to military moving, is there anything else we can get upfront, i.e some type of per diem or do we just turn everything in after and get reimbursed?

In case this matters - I was not on his orders, we got married after he arrived there. Does this matter on anything additional we can receive?

TIA
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    you will get some upfront. I am not sure how much since i haven't dity moved.
    Usually you won't get any additional moneies if you married after his orders were issued. When me and DH got married his command was really nice ( or had surplus of money) and reimbursed us for my travel up there. they gave us money based on a one way ticket ( which is what i used to get up there) from texas to washington and that day it happened to be like 800 bucks.
    the deposit will be separate then his pay and should come within 10 days I think.. gunsgirl knows a bunch about moving so I would wait for her to come around. she is all so knowledgeable about this stuff.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    you will get some upfront. I am not sure how much since i haven't dity moved.
    Usually you won't get any additional moneies if you married after his orders were issued. When me and DH got married his command was really nice ( or had surplus of money) and reimbursed us for my travel up there. they gave us money based on a one way ticket ( which is what i used to get up there) from texas to washington and that day it happened to be like 800 bucks.
    the deposit will be separate then his pay and should come within 10 days I think.. gunsgirl knows a bunch about moving so I would wait for her to come around. she is all so knowledgeable about this stuff.
    Thank you! Personal Property said it didn't matter that we weren't married because he has not had his initial big move (whatever the Navy calls it). They said he is just eligable for less money (lbs. on the truck) then he would be if he was married. I hope I am making sense.
  4. Senior Member
    Anyone else
  5. Banned
    Banned
    if he is not authorised dependants on this move- all other moves are now void since he has been issued new orders to move-

the weight will be based on the single rate- ( you go over that you will not get additional money when doing a PPM )

you will not get DLA - this is HUGE loss- at least 1000 dollars!

you will lose per diem for you and your child this is also big- over 100 dollars per day for the 2 of you- and if you are traveling 5 days it os well over 500 dollars you will lose.

the MALT is based on per car per mile and is now 27 cents a mile that you will get regardless-

it will take 10-20 days to get the 60% of the dity money up front- there is a good chance you will not have it by the 28th - I hope you have cash reserves to pay for the move in part or in full - the balance you will submit a travel claim at the end of the move.

remember to follow the rules exactly- or you will be in for a big mess-
  6. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    if he is not authorised dependants on this move- all other moves are now void since he has been issued new orders to move-

the weight will be based on the single rate- ( you go over that you will not get additional money when doing a PPM )

you will not get DLA - this is HUGE loss- at least 1000 dollars!

you will lose per diem for you and your child this is also big- over 100 dollars per day for the 2 of you- and if you are traveling 5 days it os well over 500 dollars you will lose.

the MALT is based on per car per mile and is now 27 cents a mile that you will get regardless-

it will take 10-20 days to get the 60% of the dity money up front- there is a good chance you will not have it by the 28th - I hope you have cash reserves to pay for the move in part or in full - the balance you will submit a travel claim at the end of the move.

remember to follow the rules exactly- or you will be in for a big mess-
    see i told you she is all knowledgeable.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    see i told you she is all knowledgeable.
    You were correct!

So basically we don't qualify for anything additional??

I actually think they screwed up on the weight. He is supposed to get 5K lbs for single but they have authorized 8K lbs on the form.

I am new to the term MALT We have a tow dolly for my car so my car is not actually being driven, does this matter?

PSD said we should have the money in the account by next Monday or Tuesday I sure hope that is true. We are also waiting on this fricking frackin bonus. They have also said that should be in the account sometime early next week (it was submitted 6 weeks ago!). If we don't get either of those before the 28th then yes we might be screwed.
  8. Armywife1218
    We did a dity move when we moved here to Ft. Drum, NY. They didnt give us any money in advance which I thought wasnt right. We paid for everything out of pocket and had to turn in the cost of everthing and then it took about a month to get our money back. We staied in a hotel for a week and it was $500 I think the military should have contact with the hotel people stay in and pay with a military credit card or something instead of us paying and them paying us back. I'm just glad we did have money saved up.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura48 View Post
    You were correct!

So basically we don't qualify for anything additional??

I actually think they screwed up on the weight. He is supposed to get 5K lbs for single but they have authorized 8K lbs on the form.

I am new to the term MALT We have a tow dolly for my car so my car is not actually being driven, does this matter?

PSD said we should have the money in the account by next Monday or Tuesday I sure hope that is true. We are also waiting on this fricking frackin bonus. They have also said that should be in the account sometime early next week (it was submitted 6 weeks ago!). If we don't get either of those before the 28th then yes we might be screwed.

ok- they are counting you in the weight allowance-

a few questions- when did you get married? was it right before orders were issued or completely after they were issued?

next - why did you not apply for ammended orders?

thirdly: are you absolutley sure no where on the orders it says dependants authorised travel?

is there anyway he can try to put a rush on ammended orders?
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    ok- they are counting you in the weight allowance-

a few questions- when did you get married? was it right before orders were issued or completely after they were issued?

next - why did you not apply for ammended orders?

thirdly: are you absolutley sure no where on the orders it says dependants authorised travel?

is there anyway he can try to put a rush on ammended orders?
    you lost me I am really new at this.

Yes they are counting weight because they said he never did a move to his duty station. This is his first duty station, he has been at training commands prior.

He got his orders before we were married. He got orders in mid May and we marrried June 20. I have a copy of his orders but I don't really know how to read them, but then again I haven't looked too closely at them. I saw the first page and said forget it I will go back and really read through them.

What are amended orders? I don't think he knew about that.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast