Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh geez

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Oh geez

Advertisements
    Since our move-in date is the 11th, housing wants $600 to cover the pro-rated month. Makes sense...but we won't have anywhere to live from the 1st till the 11th if we don't pay rent here...which leaves a lot less than $600 in the bank. If we refuse this house, they bump us to the back of the list, and we most likely would not get a new place until after the twins are born...and this apartment is so cramped as it is... just ugh.

Anyone encountered this before? ANy clue what I should do about it? Do you think I can find transitional housing, will they move our stuff out on the 31st and hold it until the 11th?

(for clarification, we live off-post and are moving on)

TIA for any info you guys have
  2. Senior Member
    hotel for 11 days? You should also get a moving in allowance like 500-600, did they mention that?
  3. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Can you get them to do a partial payment prorate? Where you pay say $300 and then $300 the first month living there? We had to cough up almost $700 to move into the place we're in now, but had the first month's BAH (1st month was free here) to get it covered.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

4. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    maybe talk with AER.. with privatizing things like this will just continue to happen. since you are essentially paying rent to them. do they want it before you move in like on the first or for the 30th? technically they can't take rent before hand. they can only take rent after the month is over. does that make sense

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

5. Senior Member
    You should also get partial BAH for the month.
  6. Senior Member
    Do you guys have a place to stay for the 11 days, and just no place to put your stuff? Is that the main issue? What about storage for 2 weeks? I mean, could you rent a storage shed or something?

"I can't get you out of my mind for a second"

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I honestly don't know about any of it. DH will be gone again for more predeployment unit training stuff, out of state, so somehow I have to figure it all out. Liam and I could maybe find a place to stay, and we could board Ruby but I can't put stuff in storage by myself, I'm not supposed ot be lifting anything over ten pounds, which includes Liam. So I'm freaking a little.

I will ask them about two payments...but they were very firm about the date on the phone. If they could move it back two weeks or forward two weeks we'd be fine, but our apartment complex sucks and late rent is an automatic $100 fee so we have to pay it...and they won't do partial, even with 30 days notice, We owe the whole darn amount even though we will only be here for ten days.

We will be getting full BAH, but we can't spend it on rent and utilities and also rent, kwim? There isn't enough...there's not even enough for our regular rent and utilities, but another $600...nope.

AER is out of the question, we already owe them a boatload. They've bailed us out thrice now, with my dad's death and messed up pay, and we have all those payments coming out of DH's pay every month and can't afford another.

Moving in allowance? Never heard of that, am I out of the loop again?

They said they needed it on move-in day or we don't get the keys. So they definitely want it before the 30th.

So...I will definitely call and ask, but if they say no, I'm just as stuck? Is this just the way it is now>? If I had had some warning I would not have taken that trip home, Michael could have gone alone to spend time with his mama and I would have stayed to save the cash, I just had no idea. I feel really stupid.
  8. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    I still don't think they can pre charge you.. I am almost positive they can't. I would go and talk with the housing people and ask when the payment is due. Make them explain it to you barney style.

I will miss you SOS...

9. Senior Member
    I really have no idea but I have a question. Do you know anything about the E1-E5 2bedrooms? Have you seen them? SIL is more then likely moving into them after Christmas. I wanna make sure they dont completely suck lol
  10. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    I forgot to add because if they take payment for the 11th till the end of the month then they will get double the payment since they will get an allotment on the first of Aug for july as well. hmmmmmm

I will miss you SOS...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast