Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do I need to know/do while HHG

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Question What do I need to know/do while HHG

Advertisements
    are being delivered?

Break it down for me because I would hate to "skip" a step and screw myself over.

Someone told me that the movers are supposed to reassemble all the items that were taken apart.

Thanks.

Last edited by Pebbles; 07-05-2008 at 12:54 PM.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I just read that the carrier is responsible for unpacking all cartons.

?
  3. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    They are supposed to reassemble all your furniture that was taken apart. Umm..we never have them unpack, because I hate having people go through my stuff like that, but I believe you can have them unpack
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    They are supposed to reassemble all your furniture that was taken apart. Umm..we never have them unpack, because I hate having people go through my stuff like that, but I believe you can have them unpack
    Thanks Jennifer.

Will they come get the unloaded boxes if I unpack them myself?
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Have them do the big stuff, I.e. beds, tables, etc. Then take your time unpacking everything. Flatten your boxes and put everything aside and the movers will come pick it all up. Don't call them for a pick up until you are absolutely sure you want them to get the stuff, because you only get one pick up.
    Take your time noting everything so you ensure that any damages are noted throughly. Take a picture with your digital camera for your moving claim.
    If you can put a label on the doors - ie. kids room 1, master bedroom, etc to make it easier for them to know what room to put things in.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Yes they usually will come pick up your boxes curbside.

Ours tried to be asses and act like they had no idea how to reassemble our furniture. I was so ticked. I will never let that happen again.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by flangl18 View Post
    Have them do the big stuff, I.e. beds, tables, etc. Then take your time unpacking everything. Flatten your boxes and put everything aside and the movers will come pick it all up. Don't call them for a pick up until you are absolutely sure you want them to get the stuff, because you only get one pick up.
    Take your time noting everything so you ensure that any damages are noted throughly. Take a picture with your digital camera for your moving claim.
    If you can put a label on the doors - ie. kids room 1, master bedroom, etc to make it easier for them to know what room to put things in.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKOSWIFEY View Post
    Yes they usually will come pick up your boxes curbside.

Ours tried to be asses and act like they had no idea how to reassemble our furniture. I was so ticked. I will never let that happen again.
    Is it the housing officer that I need to call if the movers act like lazy asses?
  8. Banned
    Banned
    No you call the... some moving person

Actually the ONLY reason I knew who to call (we live off post) was because she came over, introduced herself as the liason, and gave me her number (she actually showed before the movers) to call with any questions and to let her know how it all went etc. I can't remember what her position was called, but I believe she was employed by the trans office.

They also give you paperwork to check off everything as it comes in. Everything should have a label on it with a number, and you have to check it off. I checked for damage AS I checked it off, but you get paperwork afterward to report damaged/missing HHI's and you have 60 days I think to turn that in.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKOSWIFEY View Post
    No you call the... some moving person

Actually the ONLY reason I knew who to call (we live off post) was because she came over, introduced herself as the liason, and gave me her number (she actually showed before the movers) to call with any questions and to let her know how it all went etc. I can't remember what her position was called, but I believe she was employed by the trans office.

They also give you paperwork to check off everything as it comes in. Everything should have a label on it with a number, and you have to check it off. I checked for damage AS I checked it off, but you get paperwork afterward to report damaged/missing HHI's and you have 60 days I think to turn that in.

The movers in AK told me that I should call the housing (?) officer if I have any problems with the local movers.

I be so confused
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Hmm I don't think it's housing (since we lived off post, could be wrong though), but even if you call housing they can probably give you the correct office to call. I do know that on the paperwork there was a phone number as well, so you can always call that too.

You know, this totally just reminded me that my damn electric mixer is still missing. I have the beater attachments but the actual appliance has been gone since we moved.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast