Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: First PCS - what to do?

1. ma2had

First PCS - what to do?

Advertisements
    Hi all,

After re-enlisting after 18 years as a civilian, DH is finished AIT and we are PCSing to FT Bliss....we have been married 17 yrs with 2 teens and have never been in the military before

What is the best place to get step by step info/advice on how to go about everything, as we are clueless

He has orders but I don't even know where to begin....any advice would be appreciated!!!
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

to Start with decide if you are going to do dity move or let the military move you. The post should have a webpage where you can go to get info on housing and the post in general. There should be a teen center there, so find out information on the programs they have running, if you are there before Summer finishes, it might be a good idea for the kids to check out the teen center and meet some other kids their age before school starts back.

3. Y SO SRS?
    Y SO SRS?
    have you decided if you want to live on -post or off? we have friends who are stationed there and managed to get a really nice house off-post for their two kids. i know the first school she enrolled her daughter in was crappy, so you might want to take a close look into schools in the area.

that's pretty much the extent of my knowledge on the fort bliss area. good luck!
  4. ma2had
    Thanks so much, I appreciate the info!