Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: travel pay ?

1. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries

travel pay ?

Advertisements
    The rate per car, depends on the number of passengers in the car for which the Government is providing reimbursement. Here is a quick reference table:

One passenger -- $0.15 per mile
    Two passengers -- $0.17 per mile
    Three passengers -- $0.19 per mile

Four or more Passengers -- $0.20 per mile
    Remember, the rate is per car, not per person. So, for example, if a military member and his/her spouse traveled to a new duty station in one car, the reimbursement rate would be $0.17 per mile (total) for both of them. However, if they traveled in separate cars, the reimbursement would be $0.15 cents per mile for each car (assuming there were no additional dependents in either car). If the military member traveled in one car, and his/her spouse and child traveled in another car, the member would be reimbursed at the rate of $0.15 per mile for the car he/she is driving, and $0.17 per mile for the car that his/her dependents were traveling in.

In addition to the mileage rates, military personnel and their dependents receive a per diem for each day of travel. Generally, 1 day of travel time is allowed for each 350 miles of official distance of ordered travel. If the excess is 51 miles or more after dividing the total number of miles by 350, one additional day of travel time is allowed. When the total official distance is 400 miles or less, 1 day's travel time is allowed.

For travel by POC, per diem for the member is a flat $91 per day of travel. Per diem for the member when travel is by commercial means is computed under lodgings plus at the rate for the new permament duty station, or the rate for the delay point if the member stops overnight (See CONUS Per Diem Rates). Per diem for the dependents is 3/4 of the member’s applicable rate for each dependent 12 years old or older and 1/2 of the member’s rate for each dependent under 12 years.
    Can someone help me figure this out? I am getting a REALLY high number.

I went low on mileage and am using 2500. And his authorized days of travel is 10. One car will have 2 passenegers and the other will have 3.
    Last edited by Donna; 07-02-2008 at 06:15 PM.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    new question
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Donna this is an old table-- it is now only 19 cents a mile per vehicle-

also it was - 17 cents per mile for BOTH not each-- the same with each of the others-

but this changed in March of this yr- to 19 cents a mile regardless of number of travelers.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    i know you guys have to be getting tired of my questions
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    Donna this is an old table-- it is now only 19 cents a mile per vehicle-

also it was - 17 cents per mile for BOTH not each-- the same with each of the others-

but this changed in March of this yr- to 19 cents a mile regardless of number of travelers.
    do you know the link for the new stuff. its been 6 years since we moved also do they not give per diem anymore?
  6. Senior Member
    You'll find more updated information on the official Per Diem website. The site is not working for me right now or else I'd link to it.

Per Diem is now $109/day for the full rate. Your husband will receive that and you will receive it at 75% of the full rate. Your children will each receive it (either 75 or 50%) based on their age. If you have a larger family, per diem can be quite a lot by itself.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaR View Post
    You'll find more updated information on the official Per Diem website. The site is not working for me right now or else I'd link to it.

Per Diem is now $109/day for the full rate. Your husband will receive that and you will receive it at 75% of the full rate. Your children will each receive it (either 75 or 50%) based on their age. If you have a larger family, per diem can be quite a lot by itself.
    Thank you. I couldnt get the per diem site to work either.
  8. I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    i think I just read in the compass or times that gas just went up to .29 bc of the big gas hike....
  9. Banned
    Banned
    it is not GAS that went up- BUT I was able to verify on the per diem site that PCS MALT is now 27 cents a mile- you can see the new rates in the JFTR mileage link.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Donna, if you're talking about travel from there to here, I think we would be getting similar amounts since it's the same trip, same number of dependents, etc. With everything total, we got close to $3,500-4,000, I believe. So, that should give you a ballpark estimate. Of course that included our DLA and such too and I don't know if it varies on rank or whatever but I believe that's the total that we got for everything.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast