Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Change of home of record move

1. Senior Member

Change of home of record move

Advertisements
    DH has not used his change of home of record (I don't think that is really what it is called) move yet. He originally never used it because he was going to just leave Maine as his home state. But with his father passing away and us getting quite a bit of stuff from the estate we're going to be trying to do it in August. So that we can get the stuff here.

Has anyone done one of these moves before? Is it just like a DITY move? We
    did a DITY move from SC to here, so we've done that before.

Thanks for the help!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Are you guys getting out or just trying to get that stuff to you?

I know when DH came back in, we were able to use his home of record move from his first enlistment since we didnt use it. We moved stuff from South Dakota and New Orleans to VA. We had movers move both locations.

Your best bet is to go into household goods and talk to them about it. We were told that we were only able to do it because we were moving at that time anyways. You know how it goes, things change day to day and ours was 9 years ago.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    someone has to be there to meet TMO. That's how they moved me out to Minot after DH and I got married, since I wasn't on his orders when they were cut.
  4. Senior Member
    We are just trying to get the stuff to us because the house is being sold and my parents are willing to keep it for a little while (a couple months) but they aren't willing to keep it until we move again (2 1/2 years from now).

So we can't do it as a DITY move?
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thejibstah View Post
    We are just trying to get the stuff to us because the house is being sold and my parents are willing to keep it for a little while (a couple months) but they aren't willing to keep it until we move again (2 1/2 years from now).

So we can't do it as a DITY move?
    I know we were told we could do it because we were PCS'ing at the time. Go to household goods and ask them.