Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Confused!!!??

1. Senior Member

Confused!!!??

Advertisements
    Ugh! I am so confused. Okay we know DF is going to Virginia. We just dont know exactly where yet. So its between Yorktown and Norfolk. I am just confused because I thought those were Navy bases? I know the Marines are under the USN. I just dont get the whole base housing and stuff. Any insight? Im sorry, I am just use to the Army.
    I want to start looking at on base housing and seeing how long the wait is so I can kind of get of an idea how to plan. Anything can happen with the military though. We all know that.

PS- WE ARE GETTING MARRIED IN OCTOBER.
    I know you have to be married to live on base. I am quite aware of that.
    Last edited by Neika17; 06-27-2008 at 08:38 AM.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    First off, you two will have to be married in order to get on base housing. Whether he can live off base if you aren't usually will depend on his rank.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  3. Senior Member
    It is not uncommon for members of one branch to be stationed on a base of a different branch. My husband is Navy and been in 9 years and has only been stationed on Army bases. How likely that is often depends on the type of job they do.

So...it would not be unheard of for a Marine to be stationed on a Navy base.