Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Them move you or DITY???? How to decide?

1. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96

Them move you or DITY???? How to decide?

Advertisements
    What is the deciding factor when you are PCSing? I have no clue on what I want to do/
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  2. Loving my soldier since '96
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  3. Senior Member
    We chose to DITY simply because of the money.
    Needs work.
  4. Senior Member
    I prefer letting them move me. Less stress. All we have to do is get the family from point A to point B. Never tried a DITY move though, the idea alone frightens me.
  5. Senior Member
    I chose them because there is NO WAY we are moving 9000+ pounds of crap ourselves. They pack it, inventory it, load it, drive it, unload, unpack and WA LA! We have done partial DITY's and it was just a freaking hassle.
  6. Loving my soldier since '96
    Quote Originally Posted by FTCWifey View Post
    We chose to DITY simply because of the money.
    I heard that you can make money from a move. That alone peaks my interest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain. View Post
    I prefer letting them move me. Less stress. All we have to do is get the family from point A to point B. Never tried a DITY move though, the idea alone frightens me.
    Its a bit scary for me as well. When I think about 3 kids, a dog, and a fish. I just clam up!!!!
  7. Loving my soldier since '96
    Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post
    I chose them because there is NO WAY we are moving 9000+ pounds of crap ourselves. They pack it, inventory it, load it, drive it, unload, unpack and WA LA! We have done partial DITY's and it was just a freaking hassle.

If I do a DITY, I told my DH we are throwing everything out. Moving with next to nothing
  8. Senior Member
    Also wanted to add that we did the DITY with a full 3 bedroom house. I started packing long before hand, which for me was great because I got to see what was actually getting packed, instead of everything and anything getting thrown into a box. We had a bunch of DHs guys take the day off work and come and load the truck for us, it only took them a few hours, and it only cost us some beer!

Obviously, it isn't for everyone, but we did it with 4 kids and a dog driving across the country from WA down to CA up to IA then over to DC then up to CT!!!
    Needs work.
  9. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post
    yup we will never DITY ourselves. No matter how much money you can make. in our case we would probably lose money. it is much better to TMO all you have to worry about is getting you and the kids to the next place.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We always done a partial dity. That way, we are in control of the important things (safe, paperwork, computers, ect.) and they have the rest.

Because we can't get into housing right away at most bases, I let them store it and take care of it for the 6 months. I don't have to worry about it.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast